State of the Squadron 6 - Its here!

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Maybe I will wear a shirt made up of nothing but patches!
Shirt? No a vest of just patches.. a patch vest!

Should be the official uniform of test squadron. We can show off the guns while airing out our man chests.

I mean not all ships have the nice fans in the cockpit like the Cutlass..

Montoya - Thanks for the video and the laugh this afternoon at work!

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Mumble???? arrrgh i just renewed both of my my TS servers... lol ya killin me
Last time my gaming guild checked out Mumble, we ran into a bunch of personal user certificate issues or some horseshit. It's a damn VOIP client, not some CAC reader. I prefer Ventrilo or TeamSpeak myself.

quazz

Grand Admiral
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Quazz

Last time my gaming guild checked out Mumble, we ran into a bunch of personal user certificate issues or some horseshit. It's a damn VOIP client, not some CAC reader. I prefer Ventrilo or TeamSpeak myself.
It uses certification to avoid using passwords. That said, you better back up your certifications.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
And that is exactly why I'm not a fan of Mumble. I have been using my friend's Vent server for years now and all I need to know is the server and the port and bam, I'm in from anywhere in the world.

I don't want to muck about with certificates just to chat with people on the fly. Maybe they've made it easier to back up or whatever, but I'm not a fan of that system in first place.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
TS uses unique user identity to establish permissions as well. Try logging onto the TS server from a different computer. Viola. You are not a recognized user unless you carried your identity over to that machine.

Welcome to the future. Even the internet knows who you are.

Edit: There are several variables to consider in this discussion, and I'm sure that careful consideration was made before it was decided to move to mumble instead of stay on the current TS.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Yeah. Watch the video.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
though it is more of a PITA, mumble handles very large numbers well

we are becoming a very large organization

good call

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Implying I do anything but watch the cold opens.
Over and over and over again.

somebody will eventually make a GIF out of the cold opening
(internet rule #1)

CitizenX

Space Marshal
Jul 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Citizen-X
i bought a five man Mumble server to test it out ( and learn the admin ) - the setup is a bit convoluted once you get past the
odd permissions groups and binding rooms to users and attaching users to passwords... its only half crazy. Anyway i like the client interface
i just wish there was a method to set volumes for individuals. This program uses an algorithm to normalize everyones audio based on the audio
wizard you run during the setup... so use it you lazy bums or you will stand out like a turd in a punch bowl. There are several options on the screen layouts and you can write your own skin if youre crafty.... hmm maybe i can contribute by creating a "test" skin.

Forgot your password?