Steam Link & Steam Controller - Thoughts?

Are the Steam Link & Controller a good purchase?

• Yes - Both Link + Controller

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Yes - Only Link

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Up until this point, I never thought I needed the steam link or controller. The other day, my fiance pointed it out to me and thought it would be a cool addition to our new apartment. I began to think about it more and more and thought...why not? Certain casual games would be nice to play from bed/couch without moving my computer.

What are peoples' thoughts on it? Anybody order them? Think they're worth the money? What about the controllers? I'd probably get steam link + 1 controller and if my fiance likes the controller we can get a 2nd for split-screen games. If I don't get the controller, we'd probably use an xbox 360 controller.

Thoughts?

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I have the controller and actually like it a lot. Normally I am not really a big fan of controllers but this one does a good job at covering all the bases and does an amazing job with working as a mouse out of the box! The motors in it give a really good feel actually making it a tactile sensation. The grip feels nice in my hands (large hands) can hold it for long periods without my hand getting cramps or falling asleep, something I would get with playstation and old 360 controllers. The bumpers on the back are large and easy to use, buttons are and triggers are firm but not to firm. Battery life so far is great I am still using the batteries that came in the box, but you can plug the controller in with a micro usb for power well playing with it.

Though all that said, you will need to get use to it. The right thumb area will be different at first and will need a little practice to get the feel for it but not to much of a difference.

Lotus

Captain
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lelanti
No thoughts for link as of yet, just give it props because of the TF2 commerical. :D

P1 Press Start

Captain
Dec 7, 2014
RSI Handle
P1PressStart
Bought both the Link and controller. Unfortunately the controller won't be here til December. Steam Link will be here the same day as Fallout though.

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I could see myself maybe buying it in the future, but for all the applications I can think of, I can't justify a link now. The real only reason I would get it would be for split-screen mulitplayer games on the TV. But most of the games that do that, I can just buy for xbox

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'd need a TV first to use one.

Forgot your password?