Stormtrooper

CitizenX

Space Marshal
Jul 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Citizen-X
I got frustrated cleaning pet hair out of my computer filters so i decided i was going to buy a stand and get it off the floor... Only problem... nobody makes or sells them... So I made my own to accommodate my Corsair 600t case. Here are some pics from the build i have dubbed "Stormtrooper" .. I know its simple but i was proud of the way it came out - the top two pics are the final outcome.
stormtrooper-project.jpg

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Nice piece of work there, pet fur is hell on computers.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Can our Stormtrooper cases be friends? I really like how you built that stand for it, I wish I had one of those! My cat sheds so bad, and we don't even live in the remotely warm hemisphere. Oh yeah.. mind the wires...

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
On a related note, I have found one of the best ways to help alleviate pet fur is to get some of those dryer sheets, and place them in between the case and the inlet fans. Change em every few weeks, it works WONDERS for cutting out a majority of, in my case, cat hair. And this is from a cat who's favorite napping spot is the cubby over my PC.

Beef Squatch

Vice Admiral
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Beefsquatch
I got frustrated cleaning pet hair out of my computer filters so i decided i was going to buy a stand and get it off the floor... Only problem... nobody makes or sells them... So I made my own to accommodate my Corsair 600t case. Here are some pics from the build i have dubbed "Stormtrooper" .. I know its simple but i was proud of the way it came out - the top two pics are the final outcome.View attachment 614
Is that a fan controller or liquid pump in the top bays?

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
That is a very nice build.... Oh, and the shelf is cool too......... :)

I have mine sitting on a metal flower pot stand, behind my TV in the corner of my living room, when it was running. I miss my beast.... stupid refurbished Motherboard.... oh well.

Forgot your password?