Bounty Hunting Styles of hunting

hunt alone or in a pack

• Total voters

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
so ages ago it seems now, there was this fun little game called Star Wars Galaxies. They had an excellent form of bounty hunting I thought. Both NPC and player... but I digress, anywho... I was wondering who plans on hunting alone or as a pack. Ah and I brought up the SWG because my org I played with in that had a rule for hunting members. You only hunted your own with permission from them... and since in SC we will have the option to take them alive, so come peacefully and we can work it out with no blood shed.

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
Given that this is TEST Squadron, I propose a sort things out over a beer rule pertaining to TEST members that have bounties & those that are bounty hunters. Perhaps there is a way for both sides to benefit from this game play aspect.
So when we can transfer credits I’m thinking maybe a split in the bounty, it is supposed to be higher when you bring them in alive. You tired of being banned from civilized ports, have a mission that requires you to go to a legal system? Call the test bounty hunters. We will have a beer drop you off to advocacy so your “cleaned” and no worries about being shot in the face... hmm sounds like a nice way to make some credits

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I agree. Actually, what I was thinking was that the profits of collecting the bounty be used to pay off the bounty. If there is a left over reward, great, if not then the person with the bounty can work or pay off the difference between them. After all, those who collect bounties tend to hang around others that do, so they can help report where other "wanted" individuals are located to make the bounty hunter's job easier for them.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Duhb

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
So when we can transfer credits I’m thinking maybe a split in the bounty, it is supposed to be higher when you bring them in alive. You tired of being banned from civilized ports, have a mission that requires you to go to a legal system? Call the test bounty hunters. We will have a beer drop you off to advocacy so your “cleaned” and no worries about being shot in the face... hmm sounds like a nice way to make some credits
That is how I'd prefer to do it.

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
Lol.. test pirates best pirates. Oh he is cutting in on your swag, well turn him in to your friendly testy hunter... and pow no competition for a bit.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I look forward to seeing what happens when TESTes rip off and rat out their fellow TESTes

it's sure to happen in an org with 15,000+ members

it's all 'sing Kumbaya around the campfire' now, but

we will get some serious intra-org drama when SC goes live

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot more players with bounties on their heads that are not fellow TESTies. Which is who I would be more happy to help tag than those of us. Personally, given his open statements of looking forward to playing the role of pirate in game, I would love to be part of a team to take down the "Dread Pirate" Chris Roberts, just for the sake of doing so & interacting with him in game.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I agree. Actually, what I was thinking was that the profits of collecting the bounty be used to pay off the bounty. If there is a left over reward, great, if not then the person with the bounty can work or pay off the difference between them. After all, those who collect bounties tend to hang around others that do, so they can help report where other "wanted" individuals are located to make the bounty hunter's job easier for them.
The other way to look at it is the Bounty Hunter made it easier on the Testie with the Bounty on their head. Further the mark doesn't share the profits of the activity to earn the Bounty.

The Bounty goes to the hunter. If things are serious for the Mark they should pay the Hunter to allow them to come along quietly.

Forgot your password?