Subsidizing New Accounts!

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
EDIT: Please do not post any detailed or identifying information in this thread, such as your RSI or PayPal email address, name, etc.

First off, if this doesn't fit in General, feel free to move it. I'm not selling or buying anything really, so I felt General was ok.

What am I Talking About?
Alright, here's the deal. I'm almost absolutely positive CIG mentioned sometime around CitizenCon or the Anniversary or Holiday live streams that the Million Mile High Club would be obtainable in some other fashion. I also remember this being right before or after they either mentioned the new Referral Program, or at least new reward tiers for it. In any case (my memory can be shit sometimes), I have a very strong feeling that CIG will add the MMHC as an ultimate reward tier for its Referral Program.

So, to capitalize on that while also benefiting (potential) backers and CIG, I'm offering to partially subsidize new backer accounts. By partially subsidize I mean either $10 or $15 towards ANY purchase on a NEW game account, when using my referral code. Here's how it will work:

Steps
  1. Either you are a new player reading this without an account, are a current backer that knows a potential new player without an account, or are a current backer seeking free money...
  2. You or the person creating a new account will PM me for my referral code (I'm purposefully not posting it here because I don't want to spam it for free on our forums).
  3. You or the new backer will create an account using my referral code.
  4. You have two options: either spend $40 to get me the recruit points, and I will then PayPal you $15 (using friends and family so no fees) OR I will either send you $10 ahead of time using PayPal (not the gift option this time) or a prepaid Visa eGift credit card with $10 on it, which you will use to help pay for a $40+ item.
  5. Profit!

Rules
  1. A new account must be created using my referral code.
  2. This new account must generate 1 referral point for myself. This is done by either spending $40+ of your own money, then receiving a $15 rebate from me, or by receiving $10 ahead of time from me to use to make a $40+ purchase.
  3. This may only be done once per person, and ideally to help bring existing backers' friends into the game.
  4. If money is sent ahead of time (i.e. before a purchase is made and my referral point is awarded), then all monies sent by me must be used to make purchases from the RobertsSpaceIndustries.com website, and within the account created using my referral code.
  5. If money is sent after the new account has already spent $40, then all monies sent by me may be used for anything.

Summary
That's it. Basically, if you or your friend that wants to buy into Star Citizen choose to eliminate my risk by spending your $40 first, I'll send you an extra $5 for a total of $15. If instead the new account holder doesn't want to spend the extra money ahead of time, I'll kick in $10 towards the purchase.

This is not a scam; you are NOT sending me anything like a ship or money. You're simply using my referral code and getting up to $15 off a purchase. Hell, you can even use my referral code to make a new account when you may already have $1,000s of ships, buy $40 of gift cards on that new account to activate my referral reward, receive a free $15 from me, then gift the $40 of gift cards back to your main RSI account.

Yes, I know I am open to being "scammed". This is being offered to TEST members and their friends only. I will also shut this thing down as quickly as I started it if I sense too many are abusing it.

DISCLAIMER
I reserve the right to terminate this at any time. I also reserve the right to refuse this service to anyone for any reason. You may only use this ONCE. I will keep track of which PayPal account I am sending money to, among other things, and I WILL notice repeat abusers. These funds given by me are to be used for Star Citizen only, and only on the accounts started using my referral code. If I notice the funds are spent otherwise or elsewhere, I will either dispute the charges on the Visa eGift credit card, or file a claim with PayPal for funds sent. I will also pursue every other legal avenue available to me, to its fullest extent.

I'm trying to be nice and give away free money here people. DO NOT abuse that generosity, and DO NOT test me. I WILL pursue you in every way (legally) possible if you do.

Reactions: MammonLord

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
The mmhc is said to be @ 1042 referrals. So $10,420 if you can find over a thousand people to go along.

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
1,042 referrals? You have any source you can point me to? That seems absurdly high, honestly.

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw

It's a boredgamer vid so I think it's pretty legit info.

Last edited:

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
It might be cheaper to sponsor streamers w/ ships for giveaways in exchange for them plugging your code? Good luck!
What a great idea! Offer still stands though. It doesn't have to be 100% about me getting referral points. It's also partially to help grow TEST and help get people in ships who might be financially tight.

Ocean

Rear Admiral
Jul 20, 2015
RSI Handle
0cean
---------------------------> Texas Skull
-----------------------> Backer -------- Backer
-------------> Backer -------- Backer -------- Backer
----> Backer -------- Backer -------- Backer -------- Backer

wait a min............. three sides... triangle....it...... could we make it more square shaped?

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
This is pretty awesome but as others have said, they have mentioned a few times that it'd be 1042 referrals to get one. At this point it may be better keeping an eye out for someone selling their account. I'm curious if there will be something in game we can earn access to but not as swanky.

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that you can get access through someone else who's a member, as a guest or something. So all we need to do is find someone with access and kidnap them ask them nicely...
I don't want access to someone else's MMHC. I want my own! :p

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
This is pretty awesome but as others have said, they have mentioned a few times that it'd be 1042 referrals to get one. At this point it may be better keeping an eye out for someone selling their account. I'm curious if there will be something in game we can earn access to but not as swanky.
The problem with buying an account that has an MMHC is that I want to keep all of my ships as I have them now on the same account as the MMHC access; I don't want to buy their account WITH their ships. So basically they'd have to hopefully find a way to transfer all of their ships and packages to a new account, then sell me their empty account with only the MMHC access, and then I'd have to find a way to transfer all of my ships and packages to that account. Many of my ships are no longer giftable, and I'd imagine the seller would be in the same boat.

Hey guys, I get it. It seems unreasonable. But I understand that, and am still more than willing to do this. Next to hopefully one day getting MMHC access through the referral system, I would take great joy out of helping others get into Star Citizen, and helping those already with accounts get some more shiny ships! Best of all, it only benefits CIG. I could run this exercise myself, and make 1,000 RSI accounts using my own referral code, buy a $40 giftable ship with each, and then gift those ships back to my primary account before melting them for store credit. But, then I'd be stuck with WAYYYY too much RSI store credit, I wouldn't be helping anyone but CIG and myself, and I'd be violating the spirit of the referral program that is designed to bring new blood into the game, and hopefully ultimately bring in more than $40 per backer over time.

I'm saying it loud and clear. If you have a friend who's on the fence or slightly lacking in disposable funds, send them my way. I'll help them get started in the SC universe with a $10-15 gift. If you really want that new ship, but either don't want to spend the full price or are a cheap bastard :p, come take advantage of this. Just don't abuse it. I've also reached out to some well-known streamers as suggested above regarding some sort of sponsorship.

Reactions: honcho12

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Shit, if you like I can purchase/pledge 1,000 accounts for you, each time you donating 15$ towards it, and I will use your referral code. After a month, I will gift all the packages and combine them into one account and with buy backs and LTI I can sell them on the grey market for some cash.

October

Space Marshal
Mar 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Timestop
Nice deal,but why dont you register new account all by yourself?After get the refernal point,you can gift the $40 item to your main account 1 month later.

I think this is get refernal point for free.

October

Space Marshal
Mar 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Timestop
If you want,I'd like to give you 10 points.It's easy to register email and CIG accounts,and I could earn $150 from this,pretty good.

Forgot your password?