Such Introduce! Very Noob! Much Greetings! Wow!

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
Hello everyone! My gamertag is Stee Jans and I hail from the State of Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact. Years ago, started playing a game most of you have likely heard of, called Mass Effect. I fell in love with this game (and Tali'Zorah of course...) but it lacked the sandbox element I had grown to love by playing games like GTA and the Elder Scrolls titles. I've been a fan of space for as long as I can remember, Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Andromeda, Battlestar Galactica and similar titles made sure of that, but to my knowledge there was never a game that would give me all the options of the space life I desired. I spent countless hours daydreaming about such a game. One that would give me the freedom to choose any career I wanted, violent or not. To explore space, to serve on a crew, to run cargo, to essentially live on and even pilot a customized ship, this was my dream.

Less than two weeks ago, I was hanging out on the teamspeak for my Warframe clan, when a friend asked if I've purchased a ship on Star Citizen yet. I had no idea what he was talking about, so he described it to me... If I was the crying type, there would have definitely been tears of joy and the more I learned on my own about this game, the more I realized that my life in the real world would soon be over.. From now until the persistent universe gets released, is the time I have to say my goodbyes. That's also the amount of time I have to build a new gaming desktop. The one I have right now was great.. when I built it over five years ago. No worries though, when the time comes, I'll be ready.

My first ship purchase was for the Freelancer Max. The life of a smuggler and cargo hauler seemed most appealing from a solo-gameplay perspective but then I began to think that serving instead on a larger vessel as part of a crew would be more enjoyable and rewarding. I would need friends for that. I found TEST while browsing the organizations section of the RSI forums. After quite a bit of time spent browsing your website and watching your youtube videos, laughing my ass off by your antics, I decided to apply and the rest is self evident.

Sincerest apologies for the long-winded introduction, but I do believe I've covered most of the suggested topics. Two answers missing though. The very first game I remember playing was Age of Empires. Picard or Kirk? Picard. Thank you all for reading and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the final frontier with you.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
very nice introduction, welcome :D

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
Hello everyone! My gamertag is Stee Jans and I hail from the State of Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact. Years ago, started playing a game most of you have likely heard of, called Mass Effect. I fell in love with this game (and Tali'Zorah of course...) but it lacked the sandbox element I had grown to love by playing games like GTA and the Elder Scrolls titles. I've been a fan of space for as long as I can remember, Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Andromeda, Battlestar Galactica and similar titles made sure of that, but to my knowledge there was never a game that would give me all the options of the space life I desired. I spent countless hours daydreaming about such a game. One that would give me the freedom to choose any career I wanted, violent or not. To explore space, to serve on a crew, to run cargo, to essentially live on and even pilot a customized ship, this was my dream.

Less than two weeks ago, I was hanging out on the teamspeak for my Warframe clan, when a friend asked if I've purchased a ship on Star Citizen yet. I had no idea what he was talking about, so he described it to me... If I was the crying type, there would have definitely been tears of joy and the more I learned on my own about this game, the more I realized that my life in the real world would soon be over.. From now until the persistent universe gets released, is the time I have to say my goodbyes. That's also the amount of time I have to build a new gaming desktop. The one I have right now was great.. when I built it over five years ago. No worries though, when the time comes, I'll be ready.

My first ship purchase was for the Freelancer Max. The life of a smuggler and cargo hauler seemed most appealing from a solo-gameplay perspective but then I began to think that serving instead on a larger vessel as part of a crew would be more enjoyable and rewarding. I would need friends for that. I found TEST while browsing the organizations section of the RSI forums. After quite a bit of time spent browsing your website and watching your youtube videos, laughing my ass off by your antics, I decided to apply and the rest is self evident.

Sincerest apologies for the long-winded introduction, but I do believe I've covered most of the suggested topics. Two answers missing though. The very first game I remember playing was Age of Empires. Picard or Kirk? Picard. Thank you all for reading and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the final frontier with you.

Welcome to TEST
If crewing a big ship is what you desire. let me link you to D.S.E.T. basically we go into deep space and shit. we have Carracks, freelancers (I think), vanguards you name it!

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
We have members from many countries around the world who are able to log into Test forums.... from Brazil, small European nations that most American's thought was just part of France, Germany, or England, and Africa. Also some members from that prison island... oh. Australia.

But Oklahoma? How did you generate enough power to connect online? HA!

Welcome to Test man! Freelancer Max! Great ship and a big pledge for your first one.. I'm sure your going to enjoy it. Try to get some flight time if your current rig can handle it so you can earn REC and test out other ships that are flight ready.

Oh as far as saying goodbyes in preparation for the PU... I just sing this to my friends and family:

Reactions: honcho12 and Snakey

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Welcome to TEST! The 'lancer MAXX is one of the ships I'm looking forward to the most. Though to be honest, I'm looking forward to all of them... but it's like a 10/10, whereas some of the least anticipated are 7/10 or 8 /10 for me.

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
We have members from many countries around the world who are able to log into Test forums.... from Brazil, small European nations that most American's thought was just part of France, Germany, or England, and Africa. Also some members from that prison island... oh. Australia.

But Oklahoma? How did you generate enough power to connect online? HA!

Welcome to Test man! Freelancer Max! Great ship and a big pledge for your first one.. I'm sure your going to enjoy it. Try to get some flight time if your current rig can handle it so you can earn REC and test out other ships that are flight ready.

Oh as far as saying goodbyes in preparation for the PU... I just sing this to my friends and family:
Believe it or not, Oklahoma does have a couple cultural hubs where art, good music, and yes, even fast internet exist. Speed test for proof: But yes, for the most part, I agree with you, and trust me, I'm getting out of this god forsaken state as soon as I'm able.

Yes, the Freelancer! It reminded me so much of Serenity from Firefly that I needed to have it in my life. I also purchased the Origin 325a because.. shiny. :) As for flight time, I can run Vanduul swarm just fine, it's the spectrum matches that kill my FPS. I've been getting a lot of overtime at work lately and our yearly bonus is coming up shortly so the new rig will become a reality very soon. When that time comes, I'll post my perspective build in the Tech Support section of these forums to get all your opinions and input.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, and Snakey, I appreciate the D.S.E.T. link, I'll post there shortly.

Forgot your password?