Suddenly: Spinny Mcthrowup Game Mode.

Solarian

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
SolarianShift
Alright, a bit of a misleading title, but lets get down to business.

This is about Controls. And I appear to be having a serious issue.

Yesterday everything was fine. I could fly my Avenger and things felt responsive and exactly where I liked them. However, when I logged in tonight I had to rebind all of my controls, and even afterward it feels like my joystick has gone to absolute shit (hardware wise). Further explanation is needed, I know, so here it goes.

I have set all the sensitivity sliders to nil for the stick, yet even the slightest of touches to the stick itself will send my ship into a never ending roll that if I attempt to correct I am liable to very very easily over correct and send it into a tumbling spiral going the other way.

What I've Done to Try to Combat This:
1. Deleted USER folder and expected to have to rebind all settings again - did not happen. All my settings were exactly the same as they were before deleting USER.
2. Loaded a default Controller Profile and rebound all setting - Still the spinny mcthrowup mode.
3. Disconnected/Reconnected the device with a reboot in between.

What I am Using:
Joystick: Extreme 3D Pro Logitech
Keyboard: G510 Logitech Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: G500S Logitech Gaming Mouse
Extra: G13 Logitech Gaming Keypad

Any help here will be appreciated. I am about ready to throw in the towel and attempt to retrain myself on how to fly using keyboard and mouse exclusively (ok, I'd still be using the G13 too...). If I could afford a new stick set up I would, but that's not in the cards until next summer likely.

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
At any time did you unplug your controller while the game client was still active?

I faced a similar issue a while back, and figured out that it was the unjacking of the controller before the client was fully closed. Plugging it in while the client was active did not seem to cause the issue.

Solarian

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
SolarianShift
Do other games/programs also have this increased sensitivity?
Negative all other games appear to be functioning as normal. However, I do not have any other game installed that requires the joystick. Reinstalling Elite to test this now.

At any time did you unplug your controller while the game client was still active?

I faced a similar issue a while back, and figured out that it was the unjacking of the controller before the client was fully closed. Plugging it in while the client was active did not seem to cause the issue.
Negative. The client was closed when I unplugged/replugged the stick. As a tech support agent in the past, I knew what you described was possible and took preventative measures.

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
Do you use the logitech gaming software for your stick? I don't know about joysticks with it, but I know that you can create profiles for each game. Maybe the SC profile has all the settings maxed

Reactions: Solarian

Solarian

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
SolarianShift
Do you use the logitech gaming software for your stick? I don't know about joysticks with it, but I know that you can create profiles for each game. Maybe the SC profile has all the settings maxed
I have the gaming software installed, but I am not seeing the Stick show up in it at all. Never has.

I will see if i can find more information online on why the hell that wouldn't be working. Good thinking good sir!

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I have the gaming software installed, but I am not seeing the Stick show up in it at all. Never has.

I will see if i can find more information online on why the hell that wouldn't be working. Good thinking good sir!
yeah, my second guess after would be uninstall and re-install any drivers. After that, maybe try a different USB port

Solarian

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
SolarianShift
After extensive testing it appears that my stick is shot.

Moving it slightly to the left it feels like there is zero resistance from the spring within the device itself is weak, though to the right it doesn't have the same feel (or up/down) Its a really old stick and I am not gentle with it, so I am not surprised.

Now I suppose my next question is, how should I reset this? Deleting the user folder had little success previously. Obviously unplugging the stick is going to happen - otherwise, i need to reset everything to mouse and keyboard.

Forgot your password?