Would you use it ?

• Total voters

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
I guess following would certainly welcome by many:

Add a "Your Space Ships" section/tab into the Profile.

(probably needs an update button somewhere at the right and drop down fields with 0 to 9)

Than you can also route it into a database, report on it and use it for fancy charts + propaganda.
I'd be curious.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I already maintain a list in my personal information. I would be all about this update

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
This isn't a bad idea, but we should make the fleet information (both in individual profiles and the org) visible only to confirmed members. So this update would likely have to wait until CIG releases an API that we can use to verify membership with.

Whizper

Captain
Apr 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Whizper
I think a ship inventory is a good idea and I would be willing to volunteer making it happen. Hacking something together is easy, but I believe it should be properly integrated with this site and reasonably extensible.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
I like the idea. Maybe there could be an option for favoriting ships and putting ships on a sort of wishlist.

The information could also be used to automatically generate a fleet chart. Wait, you already said that. Uhh... Oh!

I thought I'd expand on the idea a little. Perhaps this could also function as a sort of LFG system. I'm just shit-shooting here, but say you've got an Orion and want to go out mining but don't have enough people. On your page you could specify how many people you need, what roles they will play, when you will be available and the like. Fellow TESTies would be able to see this and offer to engage in Jolly Co-Operation.

Now that I think about it, something very similar will almost certainly be a thing for Orgs in the future.

Reactions: Chairman Meow

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I AM MORE THAN WHAT I OWN

HONOR MY UNIQUE PERSONHOOD

Reactions: COUGARHUNTER

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I think a ship inventory is a good idea and I would be willing to volunteer making it happen. Hacking something together is easy, but I believe it should be properly integrated with this site and reasonably extensible.
good idea, to what possible end ? Whats the plan, how will this help us at all, what will anyone do with this information that is tangible and useful and impact any of our gaming experiences.

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
good idea, to what possible end ? Whats the plan, how will this help us at all, what will anyone do with this information that is tangible and useful and impact any of our gaming experiences.
Charts for potential Test Squad advertisement within the Star Citizen Community.
Making the life of WarrenPeace easier, who up to now had a manual list.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I still haven't got beer for this! Also this current system is the best we can do until Xenforo backend improves.

Forgot your password?