[Suggestion] TEST News Network

Should we make a TEST Squadron Mini Series?

• Yes.

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • No.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Macaque
EDIT: Instead, we should have a TEST news network, a colaberation between the professional streams, could become a news crew. Pilots that like to just record their flights can "leak their raw combat footage," to the news crew to edit it for a This-Just-In, or propaganda. The news crew could follow large ships, such as a Javelin destroyer, Bengal carrier, or even maybe a settlement.

What do you fellow TESTies feel about having a miniseries? A streamer in the community, perhaps CaptainRichard, could be the main editor, and he could have a dedicated filming crew.

Wait! What about spies?! Much alike military vessels in real life, there can not be sensitive informatiom leaked via media; for example, monitoring the position of the Russian Roulette, a ship owned by RussianJ. Simple. Camera crews can't be in certain areas.

This could be a great possibility for both the streamers and the community. When a streamer joins a community, like TEST, they can advertise their stream on our main page. TEST helps streamers get more viewers, so streamers may make more donations, and in return helps with publicity and propaganda.

The show could be something like Battlestar Galactica, or the show about the US Carrier that got deployed. Imagine having RussianJ, Captain of the Russian Roulette Javelin, and have a streamer like CaptainRichard have a fiml crew aboard? Maybe have a specific scheduled crew come in at that time, so the show could have depth and character?

Scouting missions, without sensitive information, can be leaked out to the film crew, for those that record, but not stream sensitive information, such as mentioned above. As the show gains popularity, certain sensitive information could be "leaked," and it could be part of a huge battle with Vanduul, or an enemy faction in the series.

Last edited:

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Could make it like a reality TV show... camera crew following some random citizen around filming every part of their daily exploits... Or how about creating a Test Squadron documentary, a day in the life of a Test pilot and the camera crew follows a different member each episode.

Reactions: Macaque

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
The film crew could only stream on Twitch if there would be no sensitive information leaked. For when a fight would start, the film crew could cut to another image, and people that like can may record their flights on mission. This prevents leaking of any sensitive information and we can create episodes for a YouTube channel, after editing the flight missions. The YouTube channel could be used both for the link series and TEST proganda..

This show is brought to you by TEST Ball, the official TEST Squadron comic, written by TESTie Burns!

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Could make it like a reality TV show... camera crew following some random citizen around filming every part of their daily exploits... Or how about creating a Test Squadron documentary, a day in the life of a Test pilot and the camera crew follows a different member each episode.
Perhaps have some episodes like that, for introduction of a new character. Please try to use constructive criticism.

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Or.. We could have the stream be a show, that cuts to a TEST broadcast image when sensitive information could be leaked, and record the missions for the mini series and prpganda. We market on both drama and action, for those that have their preference.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

I'm really disappointed the Bulkheads machinima got cancelled. BadNewsBaron, DiscoLando, and Trendane were all going to be in it, but the guy who was making it, FiendishFeather, said CIG is making the assets too hard to work with and he threw in the towel.

Reactions: GameFleek

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle

I'm really disappointed the Bulkheads machinima got cancelled. BadNewsBaron, DiscoLando, and Trendane were all going to be in it, but the guy who was making it, FiendishFeather, said CIG is making the assets too hard to work with and he threw in the towel.
As mentioned above, we'd probably need a dedicated streaming crew. We could have the streaming crew stream a drama show, showing the life of TEST, for those that like that. To hide sensitive information, missions could be more individually recorded. These recordings could be the used to make a mini series, for those that just want to see action, and upload the videos at a later time to prevent people from stream spying.

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Think of the drama show 'Carrier', with the crew recording life aboard an US carrier that got deployed. Of course, they keep out strategic information.

We could have a crew of proesional streamers, perhaps with CaptainRichard as the head, film a crew on anAegis Javalin Destroyer, like what RussianJ has.

Then for the sensitive information we record the action bits, we can make a mini series, similar to 'Band of Brother's'.

Battlestar Galactica kind of has everything in one. We could do the two, so people that don't like drama, can watch the mino series, people that don't like the action can watch both, and people that like both can do both.

Reactions: Ryan2534

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
We could make the main stream a news channel, say TEST News Network (TNN). One week, they record life on a Javelin destrpyer, one week on a Bengal carrier, and maybe spend sometime with a settlement that is being populated and advanced. Pilots that like to record flight missions could share it with the editing crew and give "leaked raw footage."

Reactions: CitizenDad

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek

Make it come back!

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Let me know when it's up.
@SeungRyul let's set aside 10-15 minutes today/tomorrow to chat about this? I was thinking about redirecting to this thread for a while, or perhaps not? IDK.

All I know is it fits into what we are doing here at TEST NW, perfectly. Live 24/7 Twitch Broadcasting JUST like CNN or Headline News. Similar format.

Now recruiting!

And does this count as total threadjacking?

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
Maybe name your self Reraldo Gevera and imbed yourself with your camera man in a platoon. You know... giving up important locations and info, or maybe find the tomb of a revered smuggler and spend several hours pumping it up only to find that it is empty. We can make weekly fubar segments just about him.

I could make a bunch of synopsis style plots, we just need the actors who can think on their feet and ad-lib a lot.

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
EDIT: Instead, we should have a TEST news network, a colaberation between the professional streams, could become a news crew.
I was actually just talking to Seung about this a few minutes ago. We want to make an actual centralized newsgroup where this, TEST Radio, and The TESTIE Times would fall under, to provide and cater to all of TEST.

If your interested let me know!

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Make it come back!
From what I've been told and read on Reddit, there is a slim chance it will come back in the future depending on how the Star Citizen assets for CryEngine become available and how easy/hard they are to work with. A lot of people want to have it become the new Red vs. Blue. And personally, I was hoping to voice a reoccurring character on the show. ;)

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz
I'm 100% onboard! I'm still very new to the idea of streaming, but my OCD has kicked in and I'm well on my way to getting it figured out. I might not have as much spare time as some, but I'm ready to do what I can to help....Just hit me up!

Forgot your password?