RSI Handle
halfsane
Thanks for posting, good info there.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Thanks for posting this, was a bit annoyed that I couldn't be there to discuss things.

Jumanx.

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Jumanx
I missed the meeting but I would just like to say I agree with Seung and Dranoc on the whole invite spam thing. Its kind of hypocritical to go and hate on Xplor for "taking it to the extreme" while we have had a HUGE increase in membership since we started sending them out. I would rather have a natural recruitment process pre-launch then maybe discuss increasing our recruitment once the game actually comes out. That way we get a smaller, core group of players that all knows each other and will be able to lead the organization when PU hits.

Reactions: Datastream

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I missed the meeting but I would just like to say I agree with Seung and Dranoc on the whole invite spam thing. Its kind of hypocritical to go and hate on Xplor for "taking it to the extreme" while we have had a HUGE increase in membership since we started sending them out. I would rather have a natural recruitment process pre-launch then maybe discuss increasing our recruitment once the game actually comes out. That way we get a smaller, core group of players that all knows each other and will be able to lead the organization when PU hits.
I initially was resistant to becoming a "large, impersonal" org and skittish about the massive growth, but I've since bought in to Montoya's point of view that TEST culture is one that all of Star Citizen should have exposure to, and we want to be in the Top Three organizations in order to not be drowned out amidst all of the other orgs. There's something to be said for being solid and strong at 300 members with exposure from our great propaganda and games, but there's also something to be said for being an organization that's a strong stance for a carefree, open, fun playstyle and championing that at the highest levels of the organizational structure.

It's going to make for much more work for leadership and all of us as core early members, and it'll bring it's own sets of problems, but it's a unique position to be in.

How poorly are we represented in redd faction?
We're represented well on one front. Montoya is Premier of Redd Faction and "head" of Periwinkle as the leader of the largest Periwinkle organization, and we have another TEST member operating as the organization representative within Periwinkle.

I think the point was referring to the fact that we have almost 5x the official organizational membership of Redd Faction, and yet they have a whole multi-person leadership/council structure and we just have the one representative within that council. If RF was organized in a more parliamentary fashion, we'd have a proportionately larger representation within RF. This may be a good thing for RF (not being dominated representationally by one organization), but not so good for us.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Civil wars best wars

Forgot your password?