SWBFII... and why I'm hating life, right now

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Is it really that exciting? I honestly disliked the last one Dice did as well as what they did with Battlefield 1. Battlefield 4 was ok at launch and became truly epic once they started introducing all of the needed changes they identified in the CTE. Of course I am still of the mind set that Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 were epic so who knows. Never could get into COD but loved Unreal Tournament and Quake 2. So I guess for me Battlefront while excellent in graphics and sound has issues with its game play elements and unlockables that makes it way to causal and thus I am no longer interested in Dice.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I played the closed alpha and, while it was heavily weighted to the attacker's side (for the Theed map), it was still incredibly fun. Putting the heroes back in as selectable characters, instead of pickups was a great move. The squad mechanic is interesting, as well, and I like the Officer playing class.

Overall, it felt incredibly smooth and well thought out, much better than Battlefront 1. It does share some of the designs in Battlefield 1, but far more polished.

Reactions: DarthMatter

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
I played the closed alpha and, while it was heavily weighted to the attacker's side (for the Theed map), it was still incredibly fun. Putting the heroes back in as selectable characters, instead of pickups was a great move. The squad mechanic is interesting, as well, and I like the Officer playing class.

Overall, it felt incredibly smooth and well thought out, much better than Battlefront 1. It does share some of the designs in Battlefield 1, but far more polished.
Sounds good enough for me, I'm buying.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Is the hit boxes still huge along with a large random bullet pattern for the causal shooters or did they add more combat depth?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Unless I'm mistaken, Open beta will start on the 6th if you didn't pre-order before Oct 2nd, so you might not be missing out yet?

I've gotten into Battlefront 1 only a few months ago and I found it more relaxed than BF1, but still fun! Although the insane amount of hacking, like one guy endlessly killing 5-6 ppl from literally the other side of the map with an "ion grenade" and such is really annoying. I'll check out the open beta for battlefront 2 for sure, but I won't have the money to buy the "almost the entire game edition", as I got Destiny 2 and Forza 7 still on my list to buy. Yes I'm poor, spent too much on beer and SC subs and jpeg ships lol
Tried CoD:WW2, it wasn't particularly bad, just way too mediocre after playing BF1 since launch. I don't need another twitch-shooter aimbot-friendly fps that looks worse and plays like any shooter from 5 years ago lol. Also, full of hackers in open beta, wtf?...

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
I'll play when its released, BUT...I played the balls off the first one and will no doubt go manic on the second.

Playing that game would raise my blood pressure to the point where I'd sweat and have to take my pants off. That's fucking right!

Reactions: Injustice

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I've gotten into Battlefront 1 only a few months ago and I found it more relaxed than BF1, but still fun! Although the insane amount of hacking, like one guy endlessly killing 5-6 ppl from literally the other side of the map with an "ion grenade" and such is really annoying.
This! I bought the first earlier this summer and really enjoyed the game itself because it was pretty relaxing. Especially if you turned off the hud and did the PvE. However, I returned it after two days, because the hacking was insane!! I've never seen so many hackers in such a short period before in a game. They were openly bragging about doing it as well. Saying things like "they (the devs) don't care", "they'll never ban me", they'd even announce when they turned it on etc. I am not one to cry hacks because I get rekt, I am often at the top of the scoreboard in most of the fps games I play (and I was in BF as well). FPS's are my jam, ever since Goldeneye. These people were obviously hacking, and like I said, bragging about doing so.

In my refund request, I wrote a lengthy reply to ask what they intent was for BF2 in regards to clearing out hackers. I got no response. I wont be buying BF2 for a while after release to see if it has been addressed.

**I got in a solid 14 hours during that two day period (was the weekend). So, it wasn't just one or two, or an odd hacker here and there. They literally plagued the game. Probably due in part to the low player base. It was just over 1k (i think) when I was playing.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I really enjoyed the space battles. The flying is a lot better I feel, and now with objectives is more fun (but you can't carry the team to a win if they don't play objectives) I don't get the TIE Interceptor though... the guns overheat way too fast, and doesn't do enough damage to really destroy a ship in a volley before it does... maybe I just don't play it right. X-Wing and A-Wing are quite awesome to fly with, but most of all, I LOVE the bombers!!! they're slow as hell but their guns really kill ! Possibly when more people get better, it'll pose more of a challenge, but so far I'm doing much better in Star Fighter Battles.

Theed, I played a few rounds, and it mostly seems to lead to the Separatists winning, with a Maul ... mauling down the Clone Troopers (sorry) but a few times they managed to hold them off. There was one time I was the Clones and we went on an "overtime" in the Royal Chamber, which was intense, but we still lost in the end. It was so chaotic.

The gameplay itself, I really like. The unlocks and "loot crates"... not so much. I hate how this is the new stupid mechanic that AAA games are using nowadays.

The graphics and audio, as always, being DICE, is phenomenal.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I really enjoyed the space battles. The flying is a lot better I feel, and now with objectives is more fun (but you can't carry the team to a win if they don't play objectives) I don't get the TIE Interceptor though... the guns overheat way too fast, and doesn't do enough damage to really destroy a ship in a volley before it does... maybe I just don't play it right. X-Wing and A-Wing are quite awesome to fly with, but most of all, I LOVE the bombers!!! they're slow as hell but their guns really kill ! Possibly when more people get better, it'll pose more of a challenge, but so far I'm doing much better in Star Fighter Battles.

Theed, I played a few rounds, and it mostly seems to lead to the Separatists winning, with a Maul ... mauling down the Clone Troopers (sorry) but a few times they managed to hold them off. There was one time I was the Clones and we went on an "overtime" in the Royal Chamber, which was intense, but we still lost in the end. It was so chaotic.

The gameplay itself, I really like. The unlocks and "loot crates"... not so much. I hate how this is the new stupid mechanic that AAA games are using nowadays.

The graphics and audio, as always, being DICE, is phenomenal.
My thought's are almost exactly the same, with exception that I miss the destructible environment of bf1. Collapsing the roof on a camping sniper with an a/t rocket is a lot of fun :D

Forgot your password?