Table Top TEST via Roll20.net

Which table top RPG rules would you prefer?

• Savage Worlds - Scavar's personal choice

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Pathfinder

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • D20 Sci-fi

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Rogue Trader

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other - Please give your example in a response

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • GURPs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Storyteller (Vampire the Masquerade)

• Cyberpunk

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Shadowrun

• Total voters

Scavar

Rear Admiral
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scavar
Evening everyone! Earlier today Scoundrel and I, and a few others in the RSI chat, briefly discussed a TEST RPG. Scoundrel and I talked about it a bit more and it feels like it would be a really cool idea. The basics are simple, the setting would just be Star Citizen. It gives us lore, races, places, and even potential plot points. It's also fluid enough to allow us to whatever we want really. What it comes down to right now is deciding what rule system to use, and when we will be playing. I got offered up as the GM, and I have a lot of experience with GMing though I've never GMed on Roll20 before (I have done many things as a player though).

As for the rules, we've got a lot of options and I've made a little poll with the four options that I think would be best: Savage Worlds, Pathfinder, D20 Sci-fi, and possibly Rogue Trader. I'm most familiar with the various D20 variations and Savage Worlds, but it would only take me a few days to learn a new system.

If you're interested: please write a response with your available and preferred times and also take the poll! If we get a lot of people curious in this we might need to have multiple games or multiple GMs, we'll see!

Scavar's current availability: I work 10am to 8pm EST Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. My best days would be Monday after 9pm, Wednesday anytime, Thursday anytime up till 1am. I wouldn't be a big fan of it but I could also do any of the days I work from like 9pm to 12am. Tuesday is the only day that I'm not free at all.

Thanks!

Update: So right now the current time table looks to be weekday evenings, likely between Wednesday or Thursday, but other days are open as well. I'm just going to list everyone's preference and times in one place for ease.

Scavar: Monday(after 9pm), Wednesday(all day), Thursday(til 1am) Other days maybe 9pm to 12am EST. Prefers Savage Worlds willing to use any other systems, knows D20 related systems best. Potential Game Master.
DirtyScoundrel: Hasn't posted but usually works weekends, prefers Pathfinder/Rogue Trader, likely to learn other systems.
SinceritySC: Fucker wants to play Fallout 2.
WarrenPeace: Times unknown, prefers Pathfinder, willing to learn anything.
Exarkun007: Off Wednesday to Saturday Nights, prefers 4E(?), likely willing to learn other systems.
Munken: Times unknown, Likes board games, might be in over his head :p
Vapsyvox: Free any day but lives in Sweden, Prefers Dark Hearsay, likely willing to learn other systems.
Xyphon: Times unknown, prefers D&D(3.5?), likely willing to learn other systems.
Frisbeerocker: Weeknights 7pm to 11pm PST, Prefers Pathfinder/Dark Hearsay, likely to learn other systems.
Horus Taber: Weeknights after 9pm, very open weekends. Prefers D&D/Pathfinder, likely willing to learn new system.
Nerfgun: Times unknown. Prefers D20/Spys/5E. Likely to learn other systems. Potential for Game Master!
CaptainRichard: Times unknown. Prefers RIFTS(?). Titans yo.
Agent_Mothman: Off Tues to Fri, evenings other days. No preference, willing to learn other systems.
Jernik: 7pm to 12 weekdays, all weekend. Prefers Pathfinder, willing to learn other systems.
Shar Treuse: Unknown Times, Interested in a Cyberpunk game, unknown willingness for other systems.
Egriz: Official-Unofficial GM Assist Player Manager, EST Weekdays 6pm to 11pm, Weekend Varies. Any ruleset.
AntiSqueaker: Prefers 4e/5e, unknown times, willingness for other systems high, potential for GM!

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm voting Pathfinder just because that's the only one zi've personally played on the list, but I'd be happy to learn any of them.

Reactions: Scavar

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
I played Pathfinder for a few sessions a while back, and Dark Heresy once. I'm game for any system, as long as I have enough time to learn it.

Having said that, I'm 100% down. Best would be weeknights from 7-11 pm EST.

Although, I may be moving back to the east coast, which would move up my availability times. But we'll deal with that when we come to it.

Vapsyvox

Designated Driver
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Vapsyvox
I should add that I'm able to play almost any day of the week, but I live in Sweden so I assume that I'll be up very late for this.

Horus Taber

Commander
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Horus_T
I'm familiar with DnD and pathfinder, a sci-fi D20 campaign could be fun. My free time is currently any night after 9pm and on weekends it can be pretty open.

Jernik

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Jernik
I've used Pathfinder before, but not very much, and Im willing to learn others.
Im free evenings from 7-12 on weekdays, and all day on weekends.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
What about a Cyberpunk game? I haven't played it in a long while but I've been Jonesing over Cyberpunk 2077 for the last year or so.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Scavar

Rear Admiral
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scavar
What about a Cyberpunk game? I haven't played it in a long while but I've been Jonesing over Cyberpunk 2077 for the last year or so.
Cyberpunk is indeed a very valid option, I don't know a thing about it for real though. So if I was to GM that it would be a learning curve. If someone else wanted to GM it I would be 100% for it!

Also remember folks, we can have more than one game or multiple GMs at different times. We have enough people right now to do like three groups depending on the size of the group you know.

Forgot your password?