Tarder Tales from the Solar Clipper Universe

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Hi all,

Discovered this audiobook series a few years ago and I thought I would share it. It is generally a series about flying and trading in a fictional universe but it really gives a day to day point of view on life in space. The first 3 books are a little sophmoric but it gets better and better as the books go and follows the career of the main character. Themes of the books generally relate to trading in space, being an officer, salvage and ownership.

http://podiobooks.com/series/a-traders-tale-from-the-golden-age-of-the-solar-clipper/

All of these are available in audiobook format for free but the books are available for cheap on Amazon. I've just heard that he is coming out in october with a book in a new series in this universe that will deal with a more seedy element, including piracy and smuggling. Though it might be a osrt of inspiration for SC. The flight mechanics different than rocketship and more akin to sailing but fun nonetheless.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I had to put my reading glasses on to be sure that link wasn't pedobooks.com

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Ah, no. But the books from that site are from independent writers so reader/listener beware. I've gone through most of the titles on there and other than Trader Tales and the "Through the Fold" series, the rest are pretty rough. But hey, free.

Forgot your password?