Tell me I didn't make a mistake... Ordered VKB vs. Virpil

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Although im Concierge, i wouldn't waste good money on Virpil for Star Citizen, its just to cheap and indie to justify good hardware, i keep my Virpils for ''MSFS/Elite/Hunternet Starfighter/X-Plane12''.
I'd have to respectfully disagree. This game comes alive with a set of high quality controllers, and right now Virpil owns that segment of the market. Thrustmaster and VKB have some respectable entries, and there are the units like Bruner if you fall into Legatus status IRL.

Star Citizen's most fundamental activity is flying your ship. If a player enjoys that, it's worth the investment for a well built set of controllers.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
I'd have to respectfully disagree. This game comes alive with a set of high quality controllers, and right now Virpil owns that segment of the market.
I'm completely with @Ayeteeone on this one. Getting to use my Virpils is one of the key delights of loading up Star Citizen. In a Marie Kondo way, they bring me JOY like not other computer peripheral does. Hopping in the cockpit and then actually FLIPPING that little 2-position toggle switch from the 'OFF' to 'ON' position on my throttle panel still makes my balls tingle with excitement every time! And how many other miners out there have a completely free/extra contactless Hall effect throttle axis dedicated just for mining laser power? I'll also note that I also have the LH VKB Gladiator Omnithrottle which I sometimes switch to for HOSAS when I'm say flying a light fighter in AC. But then the next day, I'm always excited to switch BACK to the Virpil throttle, mostly because it's just *that* much nicer of a piece of hardware!

• o7
Reactions: Ayeteeone

Quirkz

Rear Admiral
Dec 6, 2021
RSI Handle
QuickQuirkz
I also agree with everyone else. they're excellent, and a good price too.
I'm satisfied with mine. The only niggle is the software is a bit cryptic when you want to get in and do some really low level programming and configuration beyond just using the in game 'assign button X'. (like having mode buttons or shift buttons on the joystick to change functionality of other controls)

Forgot your password?