Tell me I didn't make a mistake... Ordered VKB vs. Virpil

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Only 1? ha ha...the metal gimbal of the Gunfighter Mk. iii makes it superior to all their other sticks, and puts it on par with the Virpil sticks. I've been toying with the idea of getting those, but, I really need something like the scroll wheel on the stick, like what the Virpil Constellations have.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Only 1? ha ha...the metal gimbal of the Gunfighter Mk. iii makes it superior to all their other sticks, and puts it on par with the Virpil sticks. I've been toying with the idea of getting those, but, I really need something like the scroll wheel on the stick, like what the Virpil Constellations have.
I have a VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle that will go along with this stick. My intent is to do a dual stick / throttle setup, but Virpil hasn't made the VPC Constellation ALPHA available yet for order. I'm using a broken Thrustmaster T16000M.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Until this game gets closer to a finished product no way I dropping $$$ into shit like this lmao.

But when it does, you can bet your sweet ass there will be $$$ dropping, the wife gonna divorce me!
If my Wife had any idea how much $$$ I've dropped in this game she would have my head.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Right now I am actually spending money trying to get into 4k, I need a monitor and graphics card and want to keep it around 1k$ I know that's tough lol ok maybe 1200$.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Is it a mistake that your playing star citizen yet all the virpil owners are stil waiting at the door for the UPS guy like an exited puppy?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Is it a mistake that your playing star citizen yet all the virpil owners are stil waiting at the door for the UPS guy like an exited puppy?
hmmmmm, let me check:
- 25th I ordered a CM2 base
- Last Monday the package got delivered
- Yesterday evening 10 PM I finally had time to start unscrewing the CM2
- 2.5 hours later it felt mechanically like I wanted it.
Replacing springs, replacing cams, opening the TM F/A 18C Hornet grip because TM doesn't know the difference between a tight screw and a loose screw. I still must hook it up to the rig, but first I must mod the center stick mount. As it is, just 5 mm too low for not interfering with my Tetris desktop.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
My throttle arrived in 2 weeks, really happy with it, but I got tired of waiting for them to make the Alpha's available.

Reactions: Deroth and Phil

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I will always be a HOTAS guy, just for immersion sake I just like having that throttle there, I know dual joysticks is better in most situations but I like the HOTAS.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
@LoicFarris
How're you liking the VKB?
I'm thinking about getting the Space Combat Edition variant of that SOON™, thoughts?

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
… I got tired of waiting for them to make the Alpha's available.
Virpil seem to have a backlog of Alpha preorders all the time, and I guess it is sort of self-limiting because lots of potential buyers also don’t want to wait. I pre-ordered and had to wait just under five weeks for mine to arrive, including a few days languishing in UK customs waiting for clearance. That was well worth the wait, IMO, as well as the money, but the value for money is obviously subjective. I’m pleased. if you wait for them to actually be in stock, you may be waiting a long time!

Wish I had a reason to give the VKBs more of a chance, but I just can’t justify the time when a better alternative is sitting on my desk. I think they might be a great compromise between the two extremes.

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
Virpil are head over heels in a different league to VKB, VKB are a calamity, their web page EU/UK are dire, what a complete mess. Products are constantly ''OUT OF STOCK/ON BACK ORDER'', if you live in the UK, there is no option to ship to the UK from the EU site. And the products seem very BACK STREET . Its a shame, but its life, some just don't cut it.

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
Although im Concierge, i wouldn't waste good money on Virpil for Star Citizen, its just to cheap and indie to justify good hardware, i keep my Virpils for ''MSFS/Elite/Hunternet Starfighter/X-Plane12''.

Forgot your password?