TEST Book Club - 2019 January Selection

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I hope you all had a wonderful year in 2018, and I also hope your 2019 is even better!

Let us kick off the new year with a great read! January's winner is

Get to reading! And dont forget to set a book challenge for this year! You can follow us on goodreads.com for our 12 books/year challenge if you would like, found here.

February nominations will open up on 17 Jan.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Very nice. Don't see too many ratings on that book yet, maybe people misread as much as me... "Who is breadbury?"

For once in a while I am sitting here having to choose between 2 sci-fi books (usually read fantasy, with sci-fi I'm more likely to miss rather than hit when it comes to liking)
  • We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
  • Bobiverse, Book 1

or...

Galaxy Outlaws: The Complete Black Ocean Mobius Missions, 1-16.5

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Very nice. Don't see too many ratings on that book yet, maybe people misread as much as me... "Who is breadbury?"

For once in a while I am sitting here having to choose between 2 sci-fi books (usually read fantasy, with sci-fi I'm more likely to miss rather than hit when it comes to liking)
  • Bobiverse, Book 1

or...

Be sure to nominate one of these for next month! The nomination post will go up on 17 Jan.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy

• Bobiverse, Book 1

or...

I highly suggest We are Legion. The Bobiverse books are freaking great if you like a little humor in your scifi.

Reactions: Printimus

Psiborger

Captain
Nov 25, 2018
RSI Handle
PsiBorger
OK checking that out myself.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
“What kind of humour?”
“The funny kind”

And they only attribute the Iliad and the Odyssey to Homer.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Not a spoiler by any means....

I am almost 1/3rd the way finished with this book.......man this shit is fuckin weird.....
a thing of nightmares, thats for sure.

Anyone else have a different take?

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Not a spoiler by any means....

I am almost 1/3rd the way finished with this book.......man this shit is fuckin weird.....
a thing of nightmares, thats for sure.

Anyone else have a different take?
yeah, my take on this right now is "why doesnt the library have a copy that's not on 2 week backorder :/"

:p

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
yeah, my take on this right now is "why doesnt the library have a copy that's not on 2 week backorder :/"
If you can read from your tablet, cell phone or computer, you could use an online library. Most older books and just about every new titles are available in several formats.
I am an Amazon Prime member, so I get .... Oh lord I don't remember, 5 or 10 books at a time. When you're done one, just "return it" and get another, all from your armchair - but you can also use other online sources of books the same way. In Canada, I know Chapters has an app and I think a similar program.

Reactions: Sraika
Forgot your password?