TEST Book Club - 2019 January Selection

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I'm starting to see some themes/philosiphys that can be applied to today's society/culture. Hmmm, this is quite visionary.... similar in a way how Bradbury portrayed Farenheit 451.

Reactions: Scape

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I haven't read the book, but I remember watching the TV series (which apparently kept very true to the original story). It was weird and challenging, and as I recall, there were no happy endings. I'm tempted to buy the DVD (not available on digital as far as I can see) to revisit that, but I think I probably won't. My 13 year old self was vaguely unsettled/saddened by the stories, and that has left a strong enough lasting impression that whilst I recall that it was really well done, there's a pavlovian little voice in the back of my head saying 'nooooooo....'.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I finally got started on this one today. I had another, longer book that I needed to finish up before I moved on to this. I've read this one a couple of time before so it shouldn't take too long to get through. I think the audiobook is only like 7 hours. That's nothing compared to some of the GoT books.

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
im nearing the beginning of this book :p
It's.....very strange. Suffice to say, it was nice that they tied some of the short stories together.
I looked at the cover of this book
I suppose thats a start?
I haven't read the book, but I remember watching the TV series (which apparently kept very true to the original story). It was weird and challenging, and as I recall, there were no happy endings. I'm tempted to buy the DVD (not available on digital as far as I can see) to revisit that, but I think I probably won't. My 13 year old self was vaguely unsettled/saddened by the stories, and that has left a strong enough lasting impression that whilst I recall that it was really well done, there's a pavlovian little voice in the back of my head saying 'nooooooo....'.
Yes, the stories usually don't end on a terribly happy note. They are very strange and dystopian indeed.
I remember the TV series as well and also have similar memories as @Floating Cloud.
After reading the book, I am not sure I want to visually watch something like what I read.

Forgot your password?