Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Steel World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 1) by B. V. Larson

"In the twentieth century Earth sent probes, transmissions and welcoming messages to the stars. Unfortunately, someone noticed.

The Galactics arrived with their battle fleet in 2052. Rather than being exterminated under a barrage of hell-burners, Earth joined their vast Empire. Swearing allegiance to our distant alien overlords wasn’t the only requirement for survival. We also had to have something of value to trade, something that neighboring planets would pay their hard-earned credits to buy. As most of the local worlds were too civilized to have a proper army, the only valuable service Earth could provide came in the form of soldiers…someone had to do their dirty work for them, their fighting and dying.

I, James McGill, was born in 2099 on the fringe of the galaxy. When Hegemony Financial denied my loan applications, I was kicked out of the university and I turned to the stars. My first campaign involved the invasion of a mineral-rich planet called Cancri-9, better known as Steel World. The attack didn’t go well, and now Earth has entered a grim struggle for survival. "
I have not heard of this series before, looks interesting!

Reactions: Scape

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Being Sci fi guys you prob already read it but ill nominate

Foundation - Isaac Asimov (book 1 foundation trilogy)

Reactions: Printimus

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Steel World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 1) by B. V. Larson

"In the twentieth century Earth sent probes, transmissions and welcoming messages to the stars. Unfortunately, someone noticed.

The Galactics arrived with their battle fleet in 2052. Rather than being exterminated under a barrage of hell-burners, Earth joined their vast Empire. Swearing allegiance to our distant alien overlords wasn’t the only requirement for survival. We also had to have something of value to trade, something that neighboring planets would pay their hard-earned credits to buy. As most of the local worlds were too civilized to have a proper army, the only valuable service Earth could provide came in the form of soldiers…someone had to do their dirty work for them, their fighting and dying.

I, James McGill, was born in 2099 on the fringe of the galaxy. When Hegemony Financial denied my loan applications, I was kicked out of the university and I turned to the stars. My first campaign involved the invasion of a mineral-rich planet called Cancri-9, better known as Steel World. The attack didn’t go well, and now Earth has entered a grim struggle for survival. "
This is a decent series, although some of the actions of the main character get old and kind of seem just weird over the course of the series. I've made it through all 10 books in the series so far so I'd say it's worth the read.

Reactions: Kiladyn and Scape

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Reactions: Printimus and Scape

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
DAY 5: I am still without ability to connect my Desktop PC to the internet unless I want to drag my heavy rig into the kitchen to play while I cook. The crappy DSL modem they provided for the meantime has very limited wifi capabilities. Please send for help. We are starving for a connection.

Reactions: Sraika

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
DAY 5: I am still without ability to connect my Desktop PC to the internet unless I want to drag my heavy rig into the kitchen to play while I cook. The crappy DSL modem they provided for the meantime has very limited wifi capabilities. Please send for help. We are starving for a connection.
Sounds like you just need better internet

Reactions: Printimus
Forgot your password?