TEST Book Club - October Nominations

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
You have read this one too?

We need more nominations people! Time is running out!
Allow me to refer you to my nomination for the month of August:
As far as my nomination goes, allow me to put forward 'The Player of Games', by Iain M. Banks. It's actually the second book in the Culture series, but i find it by far the best one, and it's a pretty decent introduction to the series as well.
it's the sequel, but i like it more

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
For those of us with limited time is there a restriction on Audiobook versions? We would all love to have time to sit down to read, but sometimes the only free time you get is when driving.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
For those of us with limited time is there a restriction on Audiobook versions? We would all love to have time to sit down to read, but sometimes the only free time you get is when driving.
as long as its the book not the movie you should be alright

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
You need to be introduced. Player of Games is great but without the conceptual understanding of minds / drones / etc. it’s a bit tricky.
For a series that just says “fuck you, space opera, work it out” we could do a lot worse than

Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
We try to limit our nominations to one book per person per month. Otherwise I could just go onto the goodreads.com best sci-fi books of all time and nominate the entire selection. Keeps it so everyone gets a chance to make a good suggestion.
Audiobooks are fine. No rules against that.... in fact there arnt really any rules regarding this club with exception to nominating and voting.... 🤔
as long as its the book not the movie you should be alright
^ What he said.

Reactions: Sraika

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Nominations close down in approximately 24 hours. LAST CHANCE! Get your suggestions in now!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
LAST CALL! Submissions for nominations will close in approx 8 hours. After which, a new thread will be erected for voting on October's monthly read. GET YOUR NOMINEES in now folks!

Forgot your password?