TEST Book Club - September Selection

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Ordered, but not expecting it to arrive until the 18th. Might try the e-book, got kindle app working on desktop, but it's just not as relaxing to read from a computer desk for me.
I'm pretty sure you can get the kindle app on your phone too (assuming you have a smart phone) and read just about anywhere. The epub version was only $0.99 if i remember correctly.

Reactions: Sraika

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Just finished the book. It was actually really good. Short, but sweet. I really liked the story at the end in the epilogue. Where is everyone else at with their progress?

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Just finished the book. It was actually really good. Short, but sweet. I really liked the story at the end in the epilogue. Where is everyone else at with their progress?
Did your version end with the epilogue about the thing that happened before all the rest of the stuff? The audiobook version goes on to a different yet still loosely connected story in the future.

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Did your version end with the epilogue about the thing that happened before all the rest of the stuff? The audiobook version goes on to a different yet still loosely connected story in the future.
yes, it talks about the history of how someone became a hero

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Haioo! Where is the actual book voting and nomination happening? Is there a thread in which to post in the beginning of each month?
Good question! Around the 17th of September, I will put up a new thread regarding the nominations for October's read. After 1 week of nominations, I will make another new thread regarding voting on those novels that were nominated, and voting will proceed for a week. And by the 1st of October, we should have our new monthly read.

Hope that explained how the process works for you. If not, PM me here in the forums or on discord and we can talk 1 on 1.

Reactions: Sraika and Cauac

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Any progress updates? Where yall at with your read?

Nominations for Oct open up at the end of this week.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I guess I can come clean and say that I finished this one a little over a month ago. The audiobook version goes further with a second part that takes place further in the future. I've already started in the second one and it gets pretty good.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
about halfway, i'm liking this one a lot more than last month's lol
Very nice. Yeah it was definitely a fun read!

I guess I can come clean and say that I finished this one a little over a month ago. The audiobook version goes further with a second part that takes place further in the future. I've already started in the second one and it gets pretty good.
I think I will save the 2nd book in this series just in case it gets nominated this upcoming month.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
A fellow TESTie was asking me if there was a movie to this month's novel. I have not heard or seen anything in this regard. Has anyone else?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
What did you order it from, the snail express?
Ordered used through amazon, so it only cost a few bucks. Trade off is it took forever.

I know it would have been cheaper and faster to get it as a ebook, but I haven't fully embraced the digital age and, if I'm being honest, I don't really want to. Reading on a screen feels like a dystopian cubicle job to me. I still prefer to read on paper, like the kings and queens of yore.

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Ordered used through amazon, so it only cost a few bucks. Trade off is it took forever.

I know it would have been cheaper and faster to get it as a ebook, but I haven't fully embraced the digital age and, if I'm being honest, I don't really want to. Reading on a screen feels like a dystopian cubicle job to me. I still prefer to read on paper, like the kings and queens of yore.
oh you're a queen alright.... 😜

i joke, i joke

I do love the smell of book pages..... The wife and I are getting our hands on as many books as we can to build our library in our dream home.

Reactions: Beerjerker

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
oh you're a queen alright.... 😜

i joke, i joke

I do love the smell of book pages..... The wife and I are getting our hands on as many books as we can to build our library in our dream home.
The only problem with that is moving with lots of books sucks. We still have several boxes of the Wife's textbooks packed up from our last move for some reason.

Reactions: Beerjerker
Forgot your password?