Smuggling Test Bootleggers

DcTrojan72

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2014
RSI Handle
BigDamnHero
So i didnt see any posts regarding those of us testies who are looking to do as much as we possibly can with residing in the gray between UEE space and outlaws. Was thinking this might be a good start to get the networking going so that no prohibited brews go untapped by our fellow testies, as well as moving all the shiny things that may or may not have been acquired illegally and stuffs. also in addiction to all the possible hushed services that our Bootleggers can provide, we can also pretend that all those people who are only affiliated with TEST, at the moment, a reason to be tapped into and used to further spread the belligerent beliefs of TEST into the other orgs through our affiliates and the rest of the galaxy.. mwahahaha.. or at least something like that anyways. Also if i missed the actual smuggling thread oh well.. i couldnt be bothered to dig through all the pages of the forums :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I too am highly excited about the gray man status. And I concur with @Jim "Black Bones" Bundy, this will go hand in hand with the privateering. Count me in.
I'm interested in a few things in this game:
- Exploration. I want to find cool shit. Or derelicts. Or create derelicts.
Which leads into...
-Privateering. Creating wealth from someone else's wealth. It just makes sense. Semi-legally of course.
Which leads to...
-Salvage. One may find himself salvaging all sorts of pretties from those recently created derelicts. Waste not want not.
Now we may have to sell some of that recently tactically acquired pretties.
Which leads to...
-Smuggling. We gotta get those pretties into places that they can be sold. Whether it was us that acquired them, or someone else who is less reputable. ;)

Of course, we'll probably just capture the ships, and stockpile them for a rainy day. But we won't always be successful in that endeavor. So salvage will be a thing.

I see all of these things meshing together nicely. I'm really excited to see if we can implement these plans in game.

Peace88

Space Marshal
May 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zen_Jharis
I won't pirate ( got better things to do than Troll ppl ), but that's pretty much my only line. If i gotta run some questionable goods from time to time to keep my crew working, than so be it. I'm with ya;)

DcTrojan72

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2014
RSI Handle
BigDamnHero
I too am highly excited about the gray man status. And I concur with @Jim "Black Bones" Bundy, this will go hand in hand with the privateering. Count me in.
I'm interested in a few things in this game:
- Exploration. I want to find cool shit. Or derelicts. Or create derelicts.
Which leads into...
-Privateering. Creating wealth from someone else's wealth. It just makes sense. Semi-legally of course.
Which leads to...
-Salvage. One may find himself salvaging all sorts of pretties from those recently created derelicts. Waste not want not.
Now we may have to sell some of that recently tactically acquired pretties.
Which leads to...
-Smuggling. We gotta get those pretties into places that they can be sold. Whether it was us that acquired them, or someone else who is less reputable. ;)

Of course, we'll probably just capture the ships, and stockpile them for a rainy day. But we won't always be successful in that endeavor. So salvage will be a thing.

I see all of these things meshing together nicely. I'm really excited to see if we can implement these plans in game.
Sounds like me! but im looking to be more into the salvage and smuggling. After that in my spare time fly supportive type ship in assault and boarding type ops, whether legal or not. i just dont see myself getting into doing much of the dog fighting, fighter stuffs.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I won't pirate ( got better things to do than Troll ppl ), but that's pretty much my only line. If i gotta run some questionable goods from time to time to keep my crew working, than so be it. I'm with ya;)
Outright piracy isn't my thing. But Privateering, working for one entity, attacking another, that fits my bill.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Sounds like i'll have to open up a tavern for all us colour blind types to hangout and share info, for the right price or beer. It'll down that one street, past that one alley, and around that one corner, In the basement of that one building. lol
Meh I hate that place. All of their food is just dressed up Benny's. Lets go past the OTHER alley and then off to the right to the place on the corner. They let me hide bodies there and never charge me for stir fry! (In all seriousness tho, meeting in a bar for a shady smuggling deal sounds awesome as crap. Persistence should mean we can do things like dead drops too)

DcTrojan72

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2014
RSI Handle
BigDamnHero
Meh I hate that place. All of their food is just dressed up Benny's. Lets go past the OTHER alley and then off to the right to the place on the corner. They let me hide bodies there and never charge me for stir fry! (In all seriousness tho, meeting in a bar for a shady smuggling deal sounds awesome as crap. Persistence should mean we can do things like dead drops too)
ahh yes.. definitely can use a place to hide the bodies. and you cant beat cheap stir fry!

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I'm mainly interested in trading and logistics in UEE space, but I'm sure I'll be able to find a few units of cargo that could be "liberated" from me on a dangerous route. The insurance companies don't need to know about the arrangements between us.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I think an awesome concept for a pirate gang would be Vanduul only attack craft. That way, if someone gets away, they'll just think the Duul are out ruining days. Not exactly the most inconspicuous choice for smuggling tho....

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I don't think smuggling really qualifies as a "grey area". Unless you're protesting against a corrupt system of some sort, things like smuggling fit pretty squarely in the outlaw status. I don't think there is much case to be made that UEE is an "evil empire" and if it is, I want to play rebel scum.

Now if you're happy smuggling just 'cause you get rich quick that way, the thing to do is look for stuff to smuggle and who wants it. So for example, if you curse over system Oso in the north-central UEE, you'll find that the UEE is protecting the primitive "Osians" whom the Xi'an find "delicious". If you don't mind illegally obtaining sentient creatures and selling them for Xi'an mastication, you can slip across the boarder up NorthEast of Oso and probably get access to rare trade goods with great bonuses that only the Xi'an have access to.

And there are slavers, and illegal drugs to run, but none of this is "grey" area. Smuggling is just plain black.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Sounds like i'll have to open up a tavern for all us colour blind types to hangout and share info, for the right price or beer. It'll down that one street, past that one alley, and around that one corner, In the basement of that one building. lol
Sweet. I like shady bars. They have beer.
This plan is coming together. Excellent.
I'm up for that:D
Awesome. If we pick our clients, we can even do feel good shit. Like helping out the little guy when the corporate whores try to run them out.

Or we can just work for the corporate whores and run our the little guys. Whatever works.
so if TESTES declares everyone but TEST enemies, we're privateers not pirates, right?
Exactly so. Privateers. Good, honest, God fearing folk who abide by the laws of man. Ish. Or at least, don't get caught.
I'm mainly interested in trading and logistics in UEE space, but I'm sure I'll be able to find a few units of cargo that could be "liberated" from me on a dangerous route. The insurance companies don't need to know about the arrangements between us.
Right? What's a couple cargo units if they're full of blood diamonds.
I think an awesome concept for a pirate gang would be Vanduul only attack craft. That way, if someone gets away, they'll just think the Duul are out ruining days. Not exactly the most inconspicuous choice for smuggling tho....
This is a thought. Capture some Vanduul ships. Use them. Ride them hard. Put them away wet...with the blood of our enemies of course.

I don't think smuggling really qualifies as a "grey area".
Smuggling is just plain black.
I don't necessarily agree. Say a corporation has "rights" to a certain system, planet, belt, etc. There's settlers there that they want removed.
We could be smuggling weapons through the corporate blockade/lines to those settlers. That's not black. Not in my books.
There are many instances in which I can think of smuggling in these terms.

Now, human organs harvested illegally and against the will of their previous owners...yeah. Pretty black. Hardcore drugs being snuggles to a planet full of school kids. Pretty black.

But running food or weapons or even outlawed parts through different areas of space...
Not so much.

Forgot your password?