• a weapon that deals 50 damage but is twice as fast

Results are only viewable after voting.

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
1. Time of the week you can play
Wed Anytime or Sat evenings (Central) - possibly other times depending.

2. Player or GM and your experince with D&D
Noob

3. Character sheet (preferably as a PDF)
Will edit once complete.

Reactions: Maiana

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
Oh man, not a WH40K thread. This is heresy. Dark Heresy pls forgive me.

But yes, I need this in my life. Tried it once, had 2 or 3 sessions but the group never really clicked.

Time: Friday nights US East, Saturday or Sunday.
Experience: noon
Character sheet: guess ill work on this tonight.

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
Oh man, not a WH40K thread. This is heresy. Dark Heresy pls forgive me.
OH MY GOD IS THIS AN OPTION

Yo seriously, I love Rogue Trader and Deathwatch. It's not d20 (it's 2d10), and it's made by Fantasy Flight instead of Wizards of the Coast, but if we have more WH40k lorewhores than D&D nuts I will gladly run a Rogue Trader game.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Alrighty, just a quick update, I'm sure Munken will jump in with something more concrete. I've tentatively put a group together with myself as GM and 5 players, which is about as many as I can handle. This has happened mostly over discord though.

This thread has generated a lot of interest!

W̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶D̶n̶D̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶5̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶-̶p̶a̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶.̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶l̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶

A̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶P̶M̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶o̶r̶g̶a̶n̶i̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶,̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶l̶2̶0̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶!̶

Find us and apply for groups on the TEST DND discord channel!!

Last edited:

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
TOO ALL ASPIRING DM'S!

If anyone is interesting in trying to become a DM then I'm opening some of my time to a small group of people, 3 or 4 at the most, that want to join me in chat and go over how I run find players, prep for games and talk about some of my experiences. I will be able to tutor the DM's In Training for a few sessions of play as well, you can make characters one on one with me so we can go over the DM side of it not just the player side, we'll run the game and after it's over we'll go over the map, notes and how I set up the game, how I reacted to players and anything else that might come up during play like custom rulings. If you're interested send me a PM and I'll give you my email, we can meet on Roll20 for the sessions or in Discord, whichever is easier for you guys :)

I've been a DM for more than 15 years, I've ran and played in groups at conventions, used Roll20 quite a bit, have experience in numerous RPG's including D&D 3.0, 3.5, 5e, Pathfinder, White Wolf (Vampire, Mage, etc.), The End Of The World, All Flesh Must Be Eaten...many many more.

I look forward to hearing from you guys and can't wait to get started!

Levi

Farayear

Captain
May 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Farayear
1. Time of the week you can play
Weekday evenings aside from wednesdays (EST)

2. Player or GM and your experince with D&D
Player. I run a game on sundays, and have nearly a decade of DnD experience.

3. Character sheet
I'll make one after I'm in a group. Mostly like to play casters.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Hello everyone. We had a pretty productive day today, with Munken doing Tyr's work and setting up a discord server for TEST table top RPGs. We also filled one group and half filled the roster of another under the masterful GM-ship of ZombieXII who really knows his stuff and is penciled in the time slot of Saturday afternoons (US time).

Please refer to Munken's OP for any more info. If you are interested in filling one of the last slots in ZombiesXII's game please message him directly.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
I would like to maybe join Frisbee's group, if they'll have me

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I am would like to give this a shot. however I have no D&D experience. I would love if someone would be willing to help me get started with my character sheet, and understanding of how the game work (over Discord or something). Thanks

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Hi sum1, drop into the discord channel and have a yarn. PM me if that invite link expires before you see this.

EDIT: also just search DnD 5e on youtube, there are many great guides there that will get you started without having to tie someone up explaining it, after that we can answer any questions you still have.

Reactions: sum1

Rock

Lieutenant
Sep 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Rokx
I'll join the group with Sum1, I have evening availability most days. I've played the Fif edition before, I had a level 6 character that was a ball of destruction. Mountain Time

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Got my hardcopy core rulebooks today so I can eficiently learn 5th edition now and answer questions. @Malvariuz I would appreciate running through a test encounter this week with you and whoever else is available at the time.
we ran one the other day with @KingNerd, as it was my first time playin D&D, really good, helped me rethink how I want to play my guy. I want to run another now that I have made the changes. please message me when you are planning on going and I will join if I can.

Reactions: Doctor Antelope
Forgot your password?