TEST dominance

agnosticangel

Lieutenant
Jan 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Agnosticangel
I think we have the perfect set of circumstances to get a head start on asserting TEST dominance in both live and ptu , I mean after all we are one of the biggest and most active in the verse as it stands.

TEST SQUAD BEST SQUAD

with that being said I propose claiming one sector of live or PTU, namely Karesh , ( if we really wanna be jerks, cry-astro)in the name of TEST ( Black Flag ). no one else officially has, why not us??? Let's be first. its only a matter of time before someone else gets the bright idea.

Stir the pot with the other orgs and at the same time recruit through shear dominance and skill at keg stands ;)

Example: Coordinate a fleet to guard the outpost and have marines inside karesh waiting and a team outside to sneakily Eva into ships that get past the blockade. It's definitely something fun to do aside from seeing how long you can play live or ptu before a crash and more immersive than AC. And it gives the verse a bit of roleplay.

Explor and The Corporation are the only two other orgs as big as us but they don't seem nearly as active. Make an early claim of space and assert dominance as The BEST Squadron in Live and PTU. It'll give everyone a little fun and drama to work with before official launch so they may remember the PRE-RELEASE galactic war, and tell stories to their children about it. Our rep would snow ball all the way into the release and our already legendary names will become godlike.

Any fellow pirates keen to the idea?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
How will anyone 'dominate' when only 40-50 people can log onto an instance? Being one of the biggest orgs is irrelevant in this situation. Let's say that CIG allows us to coordinate so we can fill an instance with Testes. Does that count as 'domination', if no one can log on to fight us there? We would be able to mine undisturbed, but that's a pretty lame form of 'domination' IMO.

You speak of 'claiming' Karesh, but if anyone can avoid us by logging into a different instance, how will we 'dominate'?

We already know that players will only account for 10% of economic activity - if you can't move the markets, you're not 'dominating'.

If Shive trains up a bunch of racers to his level, Test might be able to 'dominate' the leaderboards, but that's about it.

This isn't going to be Eve 2.0, so adjust your expectations accordingly.

Reactions: Soven Taliesyn

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Maynard has a point about 'dominance' being different in SC. However I do like the general Idea. We should have fun while in Alpha & Beta but we should just keep saying things like TEST (FunFlag) call dibs on Spider (or that place with the crashed Bengal), Yes the whole thing, yes in every instance, yes we know you can't do that & don't care. Just to set a funny precedent that is nearly impossible but will sow fear and confusion in the weak. Then once we gloriously crash a Bengal into the sun everyone will know we can do the impossible ;)

Reactions: Soven Taliesyn

agnosticangel

Lieutenant
Jan 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Agnosticangel
"I find your lack of faith disturbing. " There remains a lot to be seen between now and the final release. But when the final release happens and TESTs 8k membership becomes active then subsequently grows it won't be hard filling most instances in any part of the game with mostly TEST. We will still dominate. Despite the 10% In game economy being affected by players. The rest of the game and ptu will be org driven and the relationships between them naturally.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Once the party system is working a little better so we can all get into the same server, it would be totally LOL to just overrun Kareah or anywhere else for that matter.

Fun idea, but it will take SC Alpha being developed a little bit more before attempting.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Stir the pot with the other orgs and at the same time recruit through shear dominance and skill at keg stands ;)
Explor and The Corporation are the only two other orgs as big as us but they don't seem nearly as active
Very true..... TEST is the most active ORG 24/7

Comment by the Founder of XPLOR, Tiiga, regarding 'gankers' in the mini PU. (Xplor Forum)

"
Tiiga Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:00 am

thank you for this post brother!

true xplor spirit... I am tempted to do a secure mission one day with xplor and secure one of these places to ensure no geeking for couple hours...

"

Good Luck Xplor --- you will need lots of luck.........
Sounds like a challenge to me.

TEST SQUADRON - BEST SQUADRON

Unite and show xplor who really rules the 'Verse.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
true xplor spirit... I am tempted to do a secure mission one day with xplor and secure one of these places to ensure no geeking for couple hours...
bring me a mug of this person's tears, stat!

Reactions: ZoNoS and Orcharyu

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Aim bot engaged
DDoS server online
IP scanner active
Haterade dispenser placed

The pain train is a go captain.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
In the current iteration of the protoverse, I think it would be a bit of a dickish move to take over Kareah. Since that's the only place that FPS is really available right now, that means that no one else would be able to play that aspect of the game.

There are multiple Cry Astros though. Or, what I would find even more fun, but more challenging, is taking over Yela. Those asteroids are begging for dog fights. But a Cry Astro could have some (very limited) FPS action too.

If lots of TESTies make it their goal to claim the same location, it would still make an impact. Sure, there are bound to be some instances where we wouldn't have an influence, but if there were enough people, it might turn into a question of, "Do TEST pirates have XXX in this instance?" And hopefully followed up with, "Then let's go fight them!" It could add a fun extra player added mission to the game, especially since I'm guessing most of us have done the Comm Array and ICC probe missions enough times already.

GeneticPredator

Space Marshal
Jan 13, 2016
RSI Handle
GeneticPredator
Very true..... TEST is the most active ORG 24/7

Comment by the Founder of XPLOR, Tiiga, regarding 'gankers' in the mini PU. (Xplor Forum)

"

"

Good Luck Xplor --- you will need lots of luck.........
Sounds like a challenge to me.

TEST SQUADRON - BEST SQUADRON

Unite and show xplor who really rules the 'Verse.

I agree. They are gonna need more than luck! maybe an act of God....

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Are you suggesting we use our numbers to force our will upon the galaxy?
In the current iteration of the protoverse, I think it would be a bit of a dickish move to take over Kareah. Since that's the only place that FPS is really available right now, that means that no one else would be able to play that aspect of the game.
I have been using my powers for good.

There was a hornet blowing up all the ships arriving at Kareah, so I took it upon myself to remove him from the vicinity, in pieces.

TEST as a whole (in the opening months) should use our powers to help the small guy, give them a fighting chance against all those other evil orgs that suck.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
TEST as a whole (in the opening months) should use our powers to help the small guy, give them a fighting chance against all those other evil orgs that suck.
TEST Squadron and Montoya support dwarfs, you heard it here first!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
As I write this from the hot tub, I'm thinking that we should adjust our expectations along the lines of:

"We dominate through the hearts and minds of the people."

Since having a hundred or more members in the same instance is unlikely, we're better off looking at survival as the ultimate meta game here. The man that survives a hostile encounter while spoiling the opponent's goals, is the winner.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I think we have the perfect set of circumstances to get a head start on asserting TEST dominance in both live and ptu , I mean after all we are one of the biggest and most active in the verse as it stands.

TEST SQUAD BEST SQUAD

with that being said I propose claiming one sector of live or PTU, namely Karesh , ( if we really wanna be jerks, cry-astro)in the name of TEST ( Black Flag ). no one else officially has, why not us??? Let's be first. its only a matter of time before someone else gets the bright idea.

Example: Coordinate a fleet to guard the outpost and have marines inside karesh waiting and a team outside to sneakily Eva into ships that get past the blockade. It's definitely something fun to do aside from seeing how long you can play live or ptu before a crash and more immersive than AC. And it gives the verse a bit of roleplay.

Explor and The Corporation are the only two other orgs as big as us but they don't seem nearly as active. Make an early claim of space and assert dominance as The BEST Squadron in Live and PTU. It'll give everyone a little fun and drama to work with before official launch so they may remember the PRE-RELEASE galactic war, and tell stories to their children about it. Our rep would snow ball all the way into the release and our already legendary names will become godlike.

Any fellow pirates keen to the idea?
Your going to end up shooting eachother,,,

GeneticPredator

Space Marshal
Jan 13, 2016
RSI Handle
GeneticPredator
Your going to end up shooting eachother,,,
I must say i agree. For a operation of that magnitude and that many squads one must have really good comunications between the groups. so we don't shoot eachother.
I'm not saing it can't be done! but that it will be hard not to have friendly fire.

Forgot your password?