Jhon-On
Crap, I need to sleep now :/

Maybe in 8 hours I can scrounge a group together

Kahoshi

Lieutenant
May 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Kahoshi
I think I was actually one of the first 100 to get one, haven't had a chance to fly it yet but it sure feels right at home in my hangar.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
And then what. You weapons have the same range as everyone else. Your missiles have the same range. It is the same reason why the f22 production was haulted. The air force went off how it could detect a enemy so far away. When councils asked them "can we hit them from that far" it was met with "well we need to invest in long range weapon development and research". The f22 uses the same AIM as every other jet, and if memory serves right the f16 sensor range already exceeds the AIM 120a and i think the AIM 120c also.

Then you also have the issue that the f22 and the f4u before it. Yes it can fly far and detect and shoot an enemy before the enemy can. Both these ships were ripped apart once they were in dog fighting range. The enemy simply avoided missiles and closed the gap to get the kill.

There has to be a disadvantage to the p38 to be balanced. It is bigger, has more range, is 2 person ship, has a kitchenette for long distance flying. Has more weapons. My bet is it will get hit on manuevering just like the original p38 did with rolling. I also dont remember reading anything on speed just that it goes far.
You can't hit a chicken if it stood before you in the Glaive.
It is a flawed design. Made only for looks and nothing else.
Any Super Hornet can eat it for lunch, let alone a Vanguard.

Fly it in AC and see for yourself.
It is hard to control properly, and it is hard to hit anything.

congratulations on your e-peen prize.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Well of course they fire backwards, whats the best way to hit someone following you? They make one run on your ship, get a lock, and if you survive that, they know your gonna be pissed off enough to follow. then BOOM!!!!

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
btw there were 163 still available when I purchased at 0810 PST so still attainable!

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
So are we planning on doing a glaive owners free flight?

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
so far I'm pretty good at ramming things in it, like rocks and landing pads....... I wouldn't say it is easy to fly...

Forgot your password?