TEST HQ

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
So today I was reading: THIS THREAD on reddit, and THIS POST on the Forums.

As we will obviously be the "Largest Supplier of Space Beer and Space Spirts" in the Verse, I thought that we should discuss how our epic and Beer Themed HQ should look like. I have a background in Architecture and Design and even a lil CryDev Arch Viz experience (very, very little) would love to build something like this in CryEngine (As an Org, with help from everyone that is willing to take part). Then, when we get a TEST Server set-up (Much like this one), we can all hangout there. Anyway, just thought we should start discussing.

@Montoya Hope you approve :) Spent a whole 2-3 minutes on it whilst on the pooperstation :)

Last edited:

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Also, where would we put such a base? Terra? Earth? Some deep, distant un-discovered base?

I find myself spending way too much time here in the 3D Map of the Verse and my imagination runs rampant.

Oh also, to inspire some of you I think you should watch this awesome video of the type of CryEngine base I am thinking of. @Montoya I know I have mentioned this once or twice to you. What do you think?

Fixed that for you.
Well I think that logically it only makes sense to manufacture Space Beer when you have 5K-10K Citizens all consuming copious amounts whilst crashing ridiculously into everything in sight :) I assume we will be much like AMD and never actually post a profit :D

What are your thoughts? I think that most likely all we will get in the P/U is an Org Hangar, probably of limited awesomeness but that does NOT mean that we can not build something cool and awesome on our own. I have 3 Architect friends who are all learning CryEngine and/or UE4. I have got them all very interested in SC and of course TEST.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Also, where would we put such a base? Terra? Earth? Some deep, distant un-discovered base?

I find myself spending way too much time here in the 3D Map of the Verse and my imagination runs rampant.

Oh also, to inspire some of you I think you should watch this awesome video of the type of CryEngine base I am thinking of. @Montoya I know I have mentioned this once or twice to you. What do you think?

Well I think that logically it only makes sense to manufacture Space Beer when you have 5K-10K Citizens all consuming copious amounts whilst crashing ridiculously into everything in sight :) I assume we will be much like AMD and never actually post a profit :D

What are your thoughts? I think that most likely all we will get in the P/U is an Org Hangar, probably of limited awesomeness but that does NOT mean that we can not build something cool and awesome on our own. I have 3 Architect friends who are all learning CryEngine and/or UE4. I have got them all very interested in SC and of course TEST.
We should be in the absolute middle of everything, that way our beer can reach the far corners of the galaxy. Also, we'll be the center of the universe. Duh.

Reactions: SilentButDangerous

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Location....

Scenery is key... but if we are also brewing beer we may have to look at the effects of specific gravity on the fermentation cycle.... Now if we are just consuming said beer... welllllllll scenery is key and lack of extreme heights and sharp pointy things are benefits when drunk. Not to hot.... but cold does not allow the hookers..errrrr ladies to dress proper for brewe..err organization tours.

Image changes... ;)
First change... remove some/all beer bottles and replace with skyscraper sized kegs and fermentation chambers. Next have starfarers in fluid transfer from skykegs while other larger cargo vessels are seen loading kegs..... Next.... Aurora's in various states of drunken states... crashing, crashed, stopped at a green light trying to look for the throttle.... you know.. basic drunk pilot stuff.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Location....

Scenery is key... but if we are also brewing beer we may have to look at the effects of specific gravity on the fermentation cycle.... Now if we are just consuming said beer... welllllllll scenery is key and lack of extreme heights and sharp pointy things are benefits when drunk. Not to hot.... but cold does not allow the hookers..errrrr ladies to dress proper for brewe..err organization tours.

Image changes... ;)
First change... remove some/all beer bottles and replace with skyscraper sized kegs and fermentation chambers. Next have starfarers in fluid transfer from skykegs while other larger cargo vessels are seen loading kegs..... Next.... Aurora's in various states of drunken states... crashing, crashed, stopped at a green light trying to look for the throttle.... you know.. basic drunk pilot stuff.

I vote Terra :) And yeah, Sky Kegs FTW!

Cue NKato with a 14-page torrent of possibilities in response to this question. ;)
ROFL, best post ever hahahaha. But seriously, I pretty much wrote this to keep my buddy NKato occupied. Him and I could discuss this nerdy shit for hours. I don't mind one bit LOL.

Anyway, was bored waiting for someone at Starbucks:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Hmmmm... I will have to check through jump points when I have free time (HA); but a nice water world would be GREAT! I can also market a inflatable beer koozie to insure we have no drunk drownings.... Now if you drop your beer in the water and drown you conducted a party foul and let yourself float to Davey Jones for forgiveness....

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Designing a TEST HQ: ?
Building a TEST HQ: UEC 47bn

Convincing CIG to put it in the middle of San Francisco Bay on Earth: PRICELESS!
This is what would happen though, surely:

So that's one Vote for Sol...

I think that would be so freaking epic TBH. So rad.

Here's the PNG of the beer if you need it. Note that you will need to view it on white in order to remove the border.
Thank you very much my friend. Will be getting a lot of use out of that PNG :D

Forgot your password?