Test Legovenger

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
So one of my hobbies is lego. To be exact I buy cheap lego at carboots/in bulk off gumtree etc, sort i back into sets and sell for cash, it's a hobby and it provides the money for other fun things, bonus!

I've long been trying to make a lego star citizen ship, but frankly I'm rather bad at using LDD (Lego digital designer), still I have made an attempt to make SC's curviest ship out of blocks (presumably I hate myself). I present to you the most fun avenger to crash with precisely 220 unique breakable pieces, giving it more damage states than you can shake an aurora at!

Any suggestions on how to improve this are welcome, I will be building it (though maybe in the more standard white) once I am happy with the design.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Lego :D yey, that's my childhood in a nutshell!

And gosh that is one of the most curved ships :O (thought it was the 300i at first due to the colors)
Is it unfair advice to say that it would probably help a lot to make it over all larger? :p It will basicly mean you would have more "polygons" to shape with, because atm it looks a bit fatty, especially in the height.

My reference:

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Making it larger is only a problem price wise, there are plenty of people who are better than me at making the large ships (google lego avenger star citizen and you'll soon find a 1200 part model), but I want something I can build for under £20. I can see the fattyness, have an idea to work on that, not sure if it will work, but can try.

As for now, have a proper render in normal white+black

(and yes I should have changed the background colour, rookie mistake :P )

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Lol somehow changing the colors helped xD. Can you put a lego in between the belly and the underside of the cockpit? Or is there supposed to be a gap? :D

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Okay I have made an attempt to make the neck look a bit thicker (not easy since it's hinged sovery few bricks will fit, but I agree it did look flimsy) and I have adjusted the cargo bay area to include the landing gear bays and to look a bit slimmer. Two pics this time, in both cases the lower model is the new, slimmer, thicker-necked version.

Reactions: SeungRyul

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Will it fit in cry engine? Have you thought about how the thrusters articulate?
Find out, in the next episode of: THE NEXT GREAT STARSHIP

Reactions: fxd and Lienna

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
very nice

now we need a freelancer :D

Reactions: Vapsyvox

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
I've not stopped designing star Citizen lego. This is only my first pass and I have a lot more work I need to do on it (especially tidying up) but i present the Test Hangar!

And yes it fits the Avenger quite handsomely over the test logo!

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
It will take a while to model the entire PU I assume...

Reactions: Lienna

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Me and chris are pretty much neck and neck, at the moment it's anyones guess which one of our versions will make it into the final release.

In other news I tidied this up and did a render, any thoughts before I consider making the sucker?
Where does the beer go?

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Aaaand new hangar teasers.... back to the drawing board.

*cries into her lego*

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
In before another avenger update :p

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
Not star citizen, but I thought I'd share with people anyway. Supermarine spitfire mk XVI I'm designing for my other half:

In star citizen news, I am working on an aurora in scare with the avenger, early days on that project though

Madfish

Captain
Aug 10, 2014
RSI Handle
dottedfish
That Looks cool - do you have a ME109 version as well? :D

The hangar is amazing. You could fit the avenger in and maybe pair it with the Lego Hornet to get mroe attention :D

Forgot your password?