TEST - Sim City 4 Coop Region

Macabre Poetry

Official Signature Generator Bot
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
MacabrePoetry
Greetings you glorious logistically minded TEST members. Out of boredom and the desire to play a descent sim city game, I decided to throw together a coop region for SimCity 4 Deluxe. The beautiful TEST region lies on the coast of a large ocean prime for shipping and rail transportation industries, as well as agriculture and manufacturing. Think you have what it takes to become the greatest TEST mayor? If you do, and are interested in join this worthy mission, PM me your email so I can share the dropbox folder access with you.

Before I go into the finer details of how this works, here is a pretty picture of the region:

What do you have to do to make this work?
1) Buy or *acquire* SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
2) PM me your email/dropbox account info so I can share the folder with you!
3) Make it so the game launches to the coop folder (Note: If you have the Steam version, go to Launch Options [right-click SimCity 4, select properties] and add the following parameters there). Make a copy of the SC4 shortcut, right click it, and select properties. Add the following to the target box after the game path:
-UserDir:"C:\Users\[ACCOUNT NAME]\Dropbox\SC4_TEST\TEST"

Important Gameplay Rules/Guidelines:
0.5) Don't reconcile the edges of your cities when making a new city!
1) Only build on cities adjacent to other users' cities when they aren't currently working on it. Why? Because when you save a city, it will alter the save files of adjacent regions and possibly overwrite other people's files. We want to try to avoid that.
2) Please be on our teamspeak when playing in order to ensure you aren't loading up a city adjacent to one someone is currently working on! testoutfit.info
3) Please don't start throwing on mods/plugins. If you want one, let me know and I will handle the installation.
4) Don't go all God terrain mode crazy and turn your lovely city into a dump or Mount Doom.
5) Don't create/delete new regions or the TEST region, unless you're a troll ofc.

Quick Advice:
Changing tax rates will affect competition in adjacent cities and population growth.

Think you have got what it takes to be a logistics master?

Last edited:
Forgot your password?