Macabre Poetry

Official Signature Generator Bot
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
MacabrePoetry
Interest Survey: http://goo.gl/forms/gROMUOohrk

Applicable email: [email protected]

About myself (MacabrePoetry):
I'm a credit analyst. I work in the high yield/distressed corporate debt markets. I do loan syndication as well as some special asset credit underwriting. I really enjoy studying financial markets as well as strategic analysis in regards to cost control and debt covenants.

A bit of history about Spreadsheet Squadron:
Myself (MacabrePoetry) and DirtyScoundrel were talking one day back in March 2014 about how much we like Excel. We decided due to mutual interests, we would start forming a group would would enjoy the logistical side of an organization as well as financial, risk, and asset management. Thus, Spreadsheet Squadron was formed. Egriz quickly jumped on the idea as well.

You have probably seen polls and data aggregations I have been doing on the TEST forums sporadically over the last few months. It's fun and I enjoy it, but it is time to grow the effort a bit. Recognizing that we are still a bit away from PU, it would still be great to get interested parties involved with each other. That's the main purpose of this application. I want to get you involved in the logistical, planning and price tracking excitement that is necessary in a large organization.

We primarily use Google Drive currently, but I have previously set up SQL servers which I may spin up again come PU time. P.S. This is a very flat organization structure. By no means am I in charge, I'm just getting things rolling (we don't actually have a leader, help)

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I work with a guy who publishes research papers typed on excel...
WHY?!
Oh god. Of all the things you could do to punich yourself, publishing papers written in excel is probably the most pointless.

Wait. By typed on excel, do you mean made and formatted in excel or on the subject of excel?

Reactions: orac_zen

Macabre Poetry

Official Signature Generator Bot
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
MacabrePoetry
WHY?!
Oh god. Of all the things you could do to punich yourself, publishing papers written in excel is probably the most pointless.

Wait. By typed on excel, do you mean made and formatted in excel or on the subject of excel?
Made and formatted.
wrapped text and all. Haha

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
I work in the high yield/distressed corporate debt markets. I do loan syndication as well as some special asset credit underwriting. I really enjoy studying financial markets as well as strategic analysis in regards to cost control and debt covenants.
Whoa. Was it just me, or did anyone else's eyes totally glaze over at that point? I couldn't read any further, it was all blurry...

Reactions: o-BHG-o

ShadyBrady

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
ShadyBrady
Any graphical work, count me in for help. I'm sure a simple Drive sheet would work for now, but maybe this could be displayed in a very nice way in the future when we put up a full website (in a members/logged-in section).

Reactions: Macabre Poetry

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
WHY?!

MS Office is so modular now, I would expect it's a lot easier than one might think.

Whoa. Was it just me, or did anyone else's eyes totally glaze over at that point? I couldn't read any further, it was all blurry...
I finally know what it is like for the people whose eyes I see glaze over as I shift into IT-speak.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I sent you a very long detailed response!

SPREADSHEETS!!! (Because I don't get enough of that in lab already :P)

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I love spreadsheets. A bed just isn't the same without a nice bedspread and tightly drawn sheets. The difference between a dirty, unkempt, unmade bed and a soft, warm, clean-smelling bed is unimaginable. I am willing to support wholeheartedly any effort made by TEST to keep beds clean, well-made, and tightly wrapped in sheets.

//certified excel master reporting for duty

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I love spreadsheets. A bed just isn't the same without a nice bedspread and tightly drawn sheets. The difference between a dirty, unkempt, unmade bed and a soft, warm, clean-smelling bed is unimaginable. I am willing to support wholeheartedly any effort made by TEST to keep beds clean, well-made, and tightly wrapped in sheets.

//certified excel master reporting for duty
Drawing up prototype for a large piece of flexible material divided into a cell grid with stitches that can be written on, washed to clean, and used repeatedly. It is also insulating and provides a warm, cozy feeling as you fill out the cells. It shall be called a "bedspreadsheet."

Reactions: Designated Drunk

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I have designed a database application or two in my time

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Are there any resources you would recommend for testies who want to learn? I can build jet engines but I cant make a decent spreadsheet to save myself and know pretty much nothing about logistics. The reason I ask is that I want to help by harvesting or hauling fuel and specialization is for insects.

Forgot your password?