TEST Squadron Prospector Mining Challenge! - Saturday May 30th 2:00pm EST / 6:00pm UTC - Prizes to be Won

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
TEST Squadron Prospector Mining Challenge! - Saturday May 30th 2:00pm EST / 6:00pm UTC

Attention all TESTies! Rock RaIders is hosting the first ever Prospector Mining Challenge! Go find rocks! Mine them! Sell them! Then post your best results! We are offering prizes for First Place, Second Place and Third Place! We will also be holding a raffle for some extra goodies! Look for Loic or Sunder flying around in your First Place prize and sporting the 2nd Place’s armor suite!

NOTE: This competition is being announced 3 weeks in advance to allow time for contestants to acquire a Prospector if necessary, and upgrade their components.

Party Formation & Etc.
  1. All contestants are expected to be at Port Olisar BEFORE the event starts. Anyone not there will be disqualified when the event begins.
  2. All contestants should add Black_Sunder & LoicFarris to their friends list before the event starts.
  3. The event will kick off at 2:00pm EST sharp. Out of respect for those participating, we will not delay the start of this event for those who arrive late. Late arrivals will not qualify.
  4. In the event of a server crash, The 3 hour countdown will be paused and a new party will be formed.
  5. Only Contestants and Event Organizers will be allowed into the party. If there are more than 50 people, a 2nd party will be formed.
The Challenge Rules...
  1. Challenge is open to TEST main members only.
  2. Contestants may only use a Prospector.
  3. The Challenge will run for 3 hours.
  4. All contestants will start from Port Olisar but are free to mine wherever they choose.
  5. Prizes will be awarded based on the profit earned for a single sale, not cumulative.
  6. Players are not limited to one mining run. Mine as much as you can and post your most profitable run!
  7. Screen Shots must display server time and date to qualify by using the "r_displayinfo=3" command and be posted in the Challenge thread on the TEST forum..
The Big Prizes!

1st Place -
Mustang Alpha Vindicator + 5 Steam Games from the list

2nd Place - Full Suit Supernova & Riptide Armor Subscriber Flair + 3 Steam Games from the list
3rd Place - Subscriber Devastator Shotgun, Arrowhead Sniper Rifle, Lh86 Pistol + 2 Steam Games from the list

Raffle Prizes!
6 - Avis Helmets
4 - Subscriber flairs of user choice $7.50 and below

Steam Game List
Kingdom Rush
Planetary Annihilation
Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition
Battle vs Chess
Lichdom: Battlemage
Planetary Annihilation
D/Generation HD
Sanctum
Kingdom Rush
Planetary Annihilation
Planetary Annihilation
Planetary Annihilation
Planetary Annihilation
Plantera
Planetary Annihilation
Kingdom Rush
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage
Planetary Annihilation
Planetary Annihilation
Blades of Time Limited Edition
Planetary Annihilation
Blades of Time Limited Edition
Frozen Synapse Prime
Frozen Synapse Prime
The First Templar - Steam Special Edition
The First Templar - Steam Special Edition
Gunnheim
Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition
The Ship: Murder Party
Insane 2
Rush for Glory
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
Featherpunk Prime
Dandy: Or a Brief Glimpse Into the Life of the Candy Alchemist
FATE: The Traitor Soul
Animal Rivals
Manual Samuel
Desolate Wastes: Vendor Chronicles
State of Anarchy
Project Starship
Fall of Civilization
City of Chains
Atonement 2: Ruptured by Despair
Dungeon of Zolthan
Elements II: Hearts of Light
Broken Dreams
Reset 1-1
Atonement: Scourge of Time
Incitement 3
Data Hacker: Corruption
Data Hacker: Initiation
Outrage
Purgatory
Data Hacker: Reboot
Radical Spectrum: Volume 1
Elements: Soul of Fire
The Dreamlord
PulseCharge
Insincere
Dead6hot
Invasion: Brain Craving
Hero Quest: Tower Conflict
Rabiez: Epidemic
Guardians of Victoria
AI: Rampage
So Many Cubes
CLASH - Legacy Pack DLC (Requires free base game)
Data Hacker: Reboot - Game Guides and Art Book DLC
Data Hacker: Reboot - Soundtrack DLC
Elements - Soundtrack DLC
Data Hacker: Initiation - Soundtrack DLC
Project Starship - OST DLC
Data Hacker: Corruption - Soundtrack DLC
Turbo Pug
Spikit
Super Mega Neo Pug
Catch a Falling Star
Turbo Pug DX
Stone Age Wars
Freebie
Germ Wars
Turbo Pug 3D
Flesh Eaters
Laraan
Super Mustache
Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant
Monster Puzzle
Tinboy
Warriors of Vilvatikta
Final Quest
Drayt Empire
Shape Shifter
Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant
Hyper color ball
Super Space Pug
Cosmic Dust & Rust
The Tower Of Elements
Town of Night
The Flame in the Flood
Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun
Lup
Calcu-Late
Star Fields
$1 Ride
Clergy Splode
Deep Space Dash
Escape Machines
New kind of adventure
Star Drifter
Neon Hardcorps
Stellar 2D
Eaten Alive
Ampersand
Drive Megapolis
Joana's Life
OR
Final Quest II
Project Druid - 2D Labyrinth Explorer-
The Land of Dasthir
Midnight Carnival
Drawful2
Steam games donated by @DirectorGunner. Mustang Alpha Vindicator donated by @LoicFarris. Stinger/Riptide armor, subscriber weapons, & Avis helmets donated by @Black Sunder and @vahadar. Raffle subscriber flair donated by @M1TH.

If all goes well, there may be something bigger on the horizon. Stay tuned…….

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I think the rental price on a prospector is about 40K aUEC.. not sure though
I know i've tried before but the thing is that you cant change mining heads on a rented prospector (at least in 3.8 havent tried in 3.9), so basically you are stuck mining low-end stuff 😩😭

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Are we mining Citizens? I seem to have more luck mining Citizens than Ore. Mind you the Helix couldn't pick up the citizens as they seem to be a bit too gloopy for it to tractor? :(

Reactions: vahadar

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I've got a question. On Rule 7, what do I do to use the "r_displayinfo=3" command? Never put it in before.
Hit the 'Tilde' key....The one that is above your Tab key that looks like ~ or `

That should open up the console prompt. That's where you enter "r_displayinfo=3". That command displays information such as framerate, memory/gpu load and more relevant to this competition, Server and Universe Time/Date.

Hope that helps, cheers.

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
Once you have hit the ~ key (the one above your tab key) you can simply type R into the field and then hit your TAB key and then put in 3 to display the information that is needed. This information is not required while you are mining but is when you take a screenshot and upload it to the post for the contest. I normally run with this info on all the time just cause I like see all that stuff. Should anyone need assistance during the event I will be more than happy to help you get it sorted out.
1590745081780.png

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
Remember Testies even if you aren't that good at mining still come join us cause you have loads of raffle prizes that you can win even if you don't win the main prizes!

Forgot your password?