Industry TEST Starlines

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Shouldn't we have an Airline? Just saying. I don't want to manage it by any means as logistics are NOT my thing (yet I ship 100+ CPU's, GPU's, Mobo's, a week some weeks go figure) but I would not mind every now and then running a few routes to the edges of infinite.

Thoughts though? Did we end up getting some Starliners yet? I prob wait til after launch. But I always say that and well, you know how it goes a house worth of Virtual Spaceship's later here I am.

Reactions: Fisa9

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I did get one, but I'm planning on upgrading it to the military troop transport variant once that upgrade becomes available.
Yeah, I probably will do the same with mine. Nah, I will have two. I really like doing MS Flight Sim X, I know it's gay but it's really fun plus I do design and build Flight Sims for a living so I guess it goes with the territory or whatever. So yeah I will do SOME commerical flying probably.

Still, I think we would benefit from making some good monies doing trans galactic runs in our Starliners. If only someone could manage the logisitcs of it all.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I think we're not going to have a regular-service group/squad for passengers, but rather, probably centered around on-demand transportation.

That is to say, our haulers are more likely to take TEST members along as passengers if they're both going to the same place. :) As a result, a full-service passenger liner system is unlikely to work out for us.

However, individuals can run their own passenger service routes as they see fit. There will be other organizations out there that will attempt to build a reputation for safe, reliable transportation to most locations. Kinda like Red Frog Freight in EVE.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Reactions: CaptainRichard

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
However, individuals can run their own passenger service routes as they see fit.
Yeah, as I've said in previous threads I'll be happy to be taxiing people about in my Mustang Beta or Aurora LN at first, before I get better ships, maybe even after. I like the idea of maybe being a shuttle between big ships. Like some kind of TEST higher-up's (I'm looking at you, @Montoya ) taxi service between massive ships before we send them hurtling into the nearest sun.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Yeah, as I've said in previous threads I'll be happy to be taxiing people about in my Mustang Beta or Aurora LN at first, before I get better ships, maybe even after. I like the idea of maybe being a shuttle between big ships. Like some kind of TEST higher-up's (I'm looking at you, @Montoya ) taxi service between massive ships before we send them hurtling into the nearest sun.
Whenever I do contract logistics runs, I plan on putting up five transportation passenger tickets for our TEST members to pick up if they need a ride. In fact, should I become Logistics Chief - or in any position to do such, I will probably make it a policy to encourage TEST haulers to take on TEST members as passengers - or even NPCs, if an extra buck is needed.

Last edited:

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Whenever I do contract logistics runs, I plan on putting up five transportation passenger tickets for our TEST members to pick up if they need a ride. In fact, should I become Logistics Chief - or in any position to do such, I will probably make it a policy to encourage TEST haulers to take on TEST members as passengers - or even NPCs, if an extra buck is needed.
I like that idea, TEST can be the Uber of the SC universe with priority given to TEST members haha. I think I was reading a short article the other day about how transportation could become a lucrative business (oh here it is), although it was referring to the bigger transport ships IIRC. I'm not big on becoming a hauler or space-trucker per se (although I do really want a Freelancer to live out my Firefly fantasies), so being a personal shuttle pilot would be more my jam.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
It took me a moment to remember that the ships have VTOL capability, and then this picture got a LOT less grim.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Jimmy Dean

Rear Admiral
Apr 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Jimmy_Dean
I've got a Genesis Starliner and I will either keep the mid-range default variant or possibly upgrade to the luxury variant, either way I want to have fun tours and trips. It may not look like Serenity but it sounds like I can have a similar style of play and that sounds great. Teamed up with my Hull E I could have an early advantage, carrying the most passenger cargo out there.

Reactions: CitizenDad

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
It took me a moment to remember that the ships have VTOL capability, and then this picture got a LOT less grim.
Yeah dude at first, I am so used to standard flight that I was like, "dat dude is dead". LOL then remembered that in 1000 years everything is VTOL #derp

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
HAHAH true, I was like "he's fucked".

Anyways, i have a LTI Caterpillar too. I bought the Starliner because they mentioned how the compartments might be modular, and I am hoping to make some great synergy between the modularity of the two ships.

I am also hoping to have a lot of fun RolePlaying with the StarLiner too.
I am hoping of turning the StarLiner into a massive exploration ship, with dedicated scanners and archaeology equipment, and land based vehicules and personnel , kind of like that video with the Constellation, where it lands and semi-explores this world and theres some alien life on it. Just change the ship to the Starliner, and add more vehicles and more people.

Reactions: Jimmy Dean
Forgot your password?