TEST Website Question

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
...Are we actually going to have one in the future? I know we have the welcome.testquadron.com site but toward the end of this year and next after org 2.0 drops and we start organizing groups it would be nice to have a site people can go to to look up the latest TEST info and read Montoya's diary.

We could have a shoutbox, Montoya's Weekly Update, Seung's Hamster Emporium along with Twitch Links, Videos, Group Leader updates along with general news as it comes out. Just stuff like that.

ps I'm [CONCERN]ed about the lack of a new SOTS Video.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
You talking about a portal for a front page?

Yes, I think that is something we should look into.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I have no idea what I just looked at....
I suggest seeing the nearest psyker and having it purged from your brain.

On the subject of the portal though it will give us a leg up over the other orgs that don't have a website(which is so many its not funny) and be a central focal point of our ever expanding propaganda crusade where people can get the latest info on TEST without having to sift through the forum or RSI thread.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
isn't this a website?

isn't it ours already?

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
isn't this a website?

isn't it ours already?
Yes, due to us owning testsquadron.com

A subdomain can't be owned. It's just another website added on to the original sub domain.

It specifies a particular directory when the DNS server converts the Domain into an IP for the server

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
There seems to be some confusion here. We have a web address but not a real web site for the publication of propaganda and information, we have a forum instead that acts like this but isn't nearly as good for that purpose. I probably bungled this in the OP but I was talking about TEST having the web site itself with the forum being......get this.....the forum.

Nothing about subdomains or anything just when you go to www.testsquadron.com it would go to the propaganda dissemination...errr i mean website(think the RSI home page) and not the forum portal.

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
There seems to be some confusion here. We have a web address but not a real web site for the publication of propaganda and information, we have a forum instead that acts like this but isn't nearly as good for that purpose. I probably bungled this in the OP but I was talking about TEST having the web site itself with the forum being......get this.....the forum.

Nothing about subdomains or anything just when you go to www.testsquadron.com it would go to the propaganda dissemination...errr i mean website(think the RSI home page) and not the forum portal.
We could do that.

Migrate the forum to forum.testsquadron.com and have testsquadron.com as a landing page.

And yes, this is still a 'website'. We aren't paying for some forum host. We are paying for a domain rental and server space along with the license fee for XenForo. You 'install' it just like any other backend website system.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I feel like my eyes got a virus from seeing that.

Forgot your password?