TESTivus and TESTgiving - 2015

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Before anyone starts, I thought of these today December 30,2014 so don't be like that Montoya guy and ask and I quote "Why was this not submitted 4 weeks ago?"

Looking for any thoughts, criticisms or the airing of [CONCERN]s about this. We're totally going to do this next year.

TESTivus -
A Star Citizen Holiday for all of us

History:

The idea of TESTivus was formed December 30, 2014 by Black Sunder. He sought a way to bring TEST and the Star Citizen community together to celebrate the game and holiday season. After doing some research, TESTivus was born. TESTivus' guiding goal is for everyone involved to have fun in Star Citizen and participate in the Star Citizen Community, TEST Squadron being a facilitator to this goal.

The central piece of TESTivus will be a vertical line of Auroras. Reason for this is the Aurora has a high fun to cost ratio. The line should remain unadorned or tarnished throughout the TESTivus holiday. Some groups of people may wish to add flair items to the pole but this is not necessary.

The TESTivus Holiday season begins on Black Friday and ends on January 1. TESTivus itself will be December 24th(subject to change) so it doesn't interfere with other activities.

Traditions of TESTivus:

The Airing of [CONCERN]s - We invite the community to air their [CONCERN]s for the Game/Orgs/Website/Whatever in a fun and non serious manner. Ex. "I am concerned the game will not offer me enough styles of chair to sit in".

The TESTivus Dinner - Everyone who wishes to take part will get on the TEST Mumble to have a grand chat(and TEST our infrastructure under incredible load). Several rooms will be set up for the occasion and it will be hilarious once the booze starts flowing.

Feats of Crashing - Submit your personal best crash footage to be eligible for some TESTivus Presents with the winners being told live through Twitch, Mumble and a forum thread.

TESTivus Miracles - The idea that this sort of thing could even work and gain a following.

TESTGiving - Should be self explanatory

So this one doesn't have any specific structure like the above but it starts November 1 and ends on Black Friday. To be Celebrated The day before Thanksgiving(subject to change). During this time we collect money from those interested in donating to go for the purchase of ships(maybe FPS stuff?) in Star Citizen to be given away in drawings both here and TESTivus. We can have the signature and the post in topic for entry.

Winners to be announced live through Twitch, Mumble and a forum thread. This would be a smaller giveaway than the above.

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
Don't forget the hallowed traditions of TESTukkah!

TESTukkah is a remembrance of Judas Montoyabeus and his followers who, besieged by their enemies, only possessed enough booze to get them drunk for one night. However, a miracle occurred and their booze lasted for a full eight days, allowing for many nights of shenanigans and merriment until their enemies got bored and left.

The TESTukkah celebration runs for 8 days and 8 nights. Each night, followers of TESTukkah have a drink and bet chocolate coins on Aurora races. TESTukkah 2015 runs from December 6th until December 14th.

Reactions: maynard

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Don't forget the hallowed traditions of TESTukkah!

TESTukkah is a remembrance of Judas Montoyabeus and his followers who, besieged by their enemies, only possessed enough booze to get them drunk for one night. However, a miracle occurred and their booze lasted for a full eight days, allowing for many nights of shenanigans and merriment until their enemies got bored and left.

The TESTukkah celebration runs for 8 days and 8 nights. Each night, followers of TESTukkah have a drink and bet chocolate coins on Aurora races. TESTukkah 2015 runs from December 6th until December 14th.
TESTivus= Festivus. Nondenominational super holiday.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
These holiday ideas are the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to work on my TEaSTer Bunny costume...

Reactions: Black Sunder

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
The traditional TESTivus holiday costume is unspecified, but generally understood to be assembled throughout the celebration, and is considered complete when the celebrant passes out. Others celebrating are encouraged to add decorations to others' costumes.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...and is considered complete when the celebrant passes out. Others celebrating are encouraged to add decorations to others' costumes.
do urine stains count as decorations?

Reactions: Designated Drunk
Forgot your password?