TEST's Bizarre Adventures style closing theme (Project)

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
So, gentlemen and ladies. I have plans to accomplish an interesting project, which will take much of my video editing know-how, my illustration chops, and everything in between.

Here's the basic idea of what I have in mind:

Replace the background with locations and environments from Star Citizen, and the foreground characters with people from TEST Squadron, drawn in a consistent art style.

Here's how this will go: I'm going to build a list of submissions from this thread, people who want to have their Star Citizen characters included in this video project. I will prioritize people who have been with TEST since the beginning.

To be considered for the inclusion, post a reply in this thread with the following information:

• Character Name
  • When you joined TEST Squadron
  • What your overall role has been in TEST Squadron
  • What your character looks like, or what you think it looks like in Star Citizen (describe him/her in detail, attach images as references if possible)
  • What pose you want your character to take (I may or may not use the pose you request)

With that said, I will maintain a list of submissions. I am aiming to have 10 to 15 people in this video. Also, I may use 8-bit Star Citizen sprites by Goonrathi member Eldragon, to add an extra flair to the video. :D

You can also comment in this thread, and suggest ideas on how to accomplish the Star Citizen scrolling background. Part of the problem is that the DFM module itself does not include an entire solar system, which precludes us from using it, so if I'm gonna create an early version of this, I need an alternative solution. :)

I will also post art updates here, whenever I complete a character portrait, too.

UPDATE: Completed a mockup! We have room for 10 to 11 characters in the entire video. :D

The red objects in the video represent the GENERAL area where the TEST members' characters will be located. And yes, I know the first few seconds are black, that's mainly for other videos' conclusions, so that the soundtrack starts during the conclusion of whatever this credits sequence is attached to.

Also, the background in this video will be what we use until Star Citizen gives us the settings we need to get some GOOD screenshots (aka, Persistent Universe beta). Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: BluChew

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Montoya
Day 1
Founder
My character looks like me, I have zero imagination
Pose? Not sure, let me get back to you.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
-Egriz
-January
-Game Master / Moderator
-Average height, 5'10", muscular, but slightly overweight build. Trimmed boxed beard. Bottle of bourbon in one hand. A loner. But not an outcast. Plays by his own rules, within reason. At the end of the day, enjoys sitting in the bar with no more than one or two other people.
-Not sure on the pose

Last edited:
Reactions: Macabre Poetry

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
-AntiSqueaker
- March? I think? Too lazy to check.
-Professional Animated Equine Enthusiast/Pro Bono Badass.
- Basically the TF2 medic without the glasses, and a bit shorter hair. Dressed in a mix of militaryesque fatigues and faux leather jacket/boots.
-Pose is stereotypical crossed arms with a badass head nod.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
- Citizen 404 (aka Seung)
- October
- XO, Master of Hamsters, whatever the fuck TEST needs me to do :P
- Profile pic drawn in style of Conan? (Plotting away I guess lol)
- Pose is thinking/scheming with elbows crossed and hand on chin haha! Cuz I be master spai!

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
-OGKush (BluChew)
-Jan
-The guy living on the couch
-Biker Lookin'
-Thumbs up (aww yeah)

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc
- Dranoc
- 4 months ago
- Patriot/recruiter
-Patriot
- How a true patriot would pose

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Mockup video posted! Provide feedback, if you please.

And yes, I'm aware of the shadows. That's due to me rendering the mockup's first pass at 360p on Draft settings.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
- Krystal
- A week ago
- Propaganda generation
- Something like this:
or 8-bit

-Same as above

Last edited:

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
NKato always so damn creative :)

• Shive
  • 3½ month
  • Winner of Shivilisation, Grand Master of Aurora Crash, Rising Racing Star & murderer - and socially awkward guy.
  • Goggles + something like or like :D The goggles are important! You kno!? http://static2.minitokyo.net/view/36/30/231536.jpg
    My character is dangerous! - but happy (or just completely airheaded)
  • Regarding pose: Google: Kung Fu Stance!

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
This is an awesome idea, man. Best of luck!
  • In-game Name: Grand Moff Austin Finley, callsign Flipper.
  • Join Date: October/November, I'm an early member so I'm special. Just ask Montoya, he'll tell you I'm special. He tells me I'm special, anyway.
  • Role: Grand Moff, disappearing community manager, reappearing community manager, overall scrub, ace interceptor pilot with a whopping 0 hours of flight time.
  • What I look like: I have no fucking clue, go crazy. Something like me probably: male, early 20's, middle-height, middle-weight, curly brown hair, rectangle half-frames or red-framed black-tinted aviators, middling fashion taste.
  • Pose: a pose worthy of the Grand Moff of TEST Squardon, preferably involving a nice uniform and the M50 interceptor I'm going to fly.

Last edited:

Grimm Jester

Admiral
Jun 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Jester
  • Grimm Jester
  • May 25th if I'm not mistaken.
  • Obviously Male, get it together.
  • Professional giver of no fucks, hater of generally everything, blackhearted pessimist, speaker of harsh reality and master of negativity.
  • Somewhere inbetween my avatar and Marvelous Chester. A man with a grinning mask and a tophat. And possibly trenchcoat.
  • Of no true significant as long as it's fairly close to character. Nothing to fabulous.

Last edited:

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
NKato always so damn creative :)

• Shive
  • 3½ month
  • Winner of Shivilisation, Grand Master of Aurora Crash, Rising Racing Star & murderer - and socially awkward guy.
  • Goggles + something like or like :D The goggles are important! You kno!? http://static2.minitokyo.net/view/36/30/231536.jpg
    My character is dangerous! - but happy (or just completely airheaded)
  • Regarding pose: Google: Kung Fu Stance!
Ah, right. Need to know gender as well. Most people here are guys, but I keep forgetting we have women too, and they need to identify as such, too. XD

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
  • Lienna
  • 31/2 months
  • General hanger on/lego model maker
  • Woman of above average height, a little on the tubby side, dyed red hair just beyond shoulderlength, dirty blonde roots starting to show. Clothing wise: practical space gear/engineering clothing.
  • I dunno, sitting cross legged looking at her mobi-glass maybe?

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Joe Cool
Since November.
I've pretty much greeted everyone in some capacity if they have a intro thread, I've ran some SSS's, I've given feedback on things, I try to stay positive and makes jokes, I've stared long and hard into the abyss, I've enjoyed walks on the beach...Yeah, I pretty much am a jack of all trades.
I look like this or this.
I would like to be flying around in my sopwith camel in spehss.

Reactions: Flipper

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Ah, right. Need to know gender as well. Most people here are guys, but I keep forgetting we have women too, and they need to identify as such, too. XD
Ya, am tentative to make female chars :D so it's female yop lul.

Forgot your password?