TexasSkull's Trading App for SC

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I really hope CIG builds an API, so I can practice. The prices are reported by other players. This seems more of a demo than anything else at the moment, but an incredibly useful one. The prices quoted just show you what the price history looks like, isn't a lot of data there but it's a pretty good start.

The price visualizer is a pretty good attempt at a market chart, but there's some dirty data in what the users reported.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Have they stated lore wise what the UEE money system works? Like is there a physical form of the UEE credit?
Other than statements that seem to indicate some sort of player driven economy but with regulation by UEE made in mid-2013, they have not described the economic system in a lot of detail. I'm pretty sure they have not been concentrating on this, and haven't worked it out.

I'm not sure what you mean by physical form of UEE credit. If you mean is it convertible to real world currency, then I am of two minds. If they don't do that, then the economy can be based on any combination of bullshit they want. If they do that, then they must follow a model that doesn't a) encourage "gold farming", or b) violate any real world nation's tax laws.

One company proved a fully integrated game/real world economy works back about 10 or 15 years ago. The model (still operating) works and is capable of supporting players earning in excess of $100,000 US in some cases, but the company had to focus on the economic model, over the game engine in order to make it work. I don't think we want that just now.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Other than statements that seem to indicate some sort of player driven economy but with regulation by UEE made in mid-2013, they have not described the economic system in a lot of detail. I'm pretty sure they have not been concentrating on this, and haven't worked it out.

I'm not sure what you mean by physical form of UEE credit. If you mean is it convertible to real world currency, then I am of two minds. If they don't do that, then the economy can be based on any combination of bullshit they want. If they do that, then they must follow a model that doesn't a) encourage "gold farming", or b) violate any real world nation's tax laws.

One company proved a fully integrated game/real world economy works back about 10 or 15 years ago. The model (still operating) works and is capable of supporting players earning in excess of $100,000 US in some cases, but the company had to focus on the economic model, over the game engine in order to make it work. I don't think we want that just now.
No, I mean all in game money. I'm not talking about trading real money for in game money, allowing it to be converted back to real money. Like how IRL you can pay electronically with credit cards, paypal type services, or just electronic bank transfers, or with physical cash/coins. In the game there only seems to be cashless transfers and I haven't seen a physical version of the UEE Credit in game. You only see your UEE Credits as a number in your MobiGlas. What made me think of that was that Breaking Bad picture of them laying on the cash and joking about using cargo ships to move all your cash. You'd have to have a physical form of the UEE Credit in the game to be able to do anything like that.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
You mean like physical in game that can be reacquired through more nefarious ways or more like what @Vavrik mentioned? Honestly I am not sure they have really thought out the full market system for the game yet.
Yeah, a physical cash/coin version of the UEE Credit in game. Unless the UEE Credit is some kind of Cryptocurrency where you could just store your credits on your datapad or MobiGlas and wirelessly send your credits to others with no banks involved, then the UEE could just freeze and seize bank accounts used by criminals. Criminals would have to use high value goods like precious metals or materials as a form of money or trade on the black market. I guess criminals and criminal organisations could possibly use Banu money, or Banu banks like offshore banks since the Banu have a lax standpoint on crime and love trading.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
No, I mean all in game money. I'm not talking about trading real money for in game money, allowing it to be converted back to real money. Like how IRL you can pay electronically with credit cards, paypal type services, or just electronic bank transfers, or with physical cash/coins. In the game there only seems to be cashless transfers and I haven't seen a physical version of the UEE Credit in game. You only see your UEE Credits as a number in your MobiGlas. What made me think of that was that Breaking Bad picture of them laying on the cash and joking about using cargo ships to move all your cash. You'd have to have a physical form of the UEE Credit in the game to be able to do anything like that.
Right ok, I get it. No I haven't heard anyone talking about physical in game currency, just the "cashless society" credit thing. I don't think there's even going to be physical currency for Banu money, it'll just convert to UEC credits. There's also been no talk of the UEE taking money from criminals, like by freezing their bank account. That's fine though. It doesn't even stop the idea of a black market, but you'd use commodities and services instead of cash to fund the transactions.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Right ok, I get it. No I haven't heard anyone talking about physical in game currency, just the "cashless society" credit thing. I don't think there's even going to be physical currency for Banu money, it'll just convert to UEC credits. There's also been no talk of the UEE taking money from criminals, like by freezing their bank account. That's fine though. It doesn't even stop the idea of a black market, but you'd use commodities and services instead of cash to fund the transactions.
Oh yeah, seizing bank accounts wouldn't stop a black market. Like you say, people would pay with goods and trade goods. High value materials and goods would be used as a kind of currency, like gold or other precious metals or materials.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Might be that the individual servers are pulling prices from a separate server/source that combines everything and manages the trading?
It seems right now, to be running on a pretty simple algorithm, based on each individual outpost/station/strut recent activity with that particular item. To me, this was a throw in because it was easy, and gave us a thing to do other than blowing each other out of the sky for no particular reason other than it is better than picking your nose.

The real economy, which really needs to wait for mining and other profession mechanics to be a thing, will be much more complex and interactive. For one thing, according to what I have heard and read, if you want a commodity, and none are available at an outpost that normally makes them, you or someone else, will have to supply that outpost with enough raw materials to make it.

Forgot your password?