The Acolyte - Without the Lecture

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I watched the first episode of the Acolyte. Generally I liked it. And compared to what my wife likes to watch on TV, I liked it a lot! I liked the 'set up' that there is some moral choice between the Jedi and the Witches. That is 'age old' star wars. I liked the emphasis on the witches having some moral code of their own when it came to avoiding conflict where not necessary. I liked that the Jedi were portrayed as the ... mysterious ... 'other party' in this episode. Different perspective. I liked the cinematography and soundscape work. It was good enough. Overall an intriguing first episode. Certainly one that raises many more questions than answers. There is much work left to do to flesh out the objective of the series. But an intriguing episode at least.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
During The Acolyte, so far Mae has had a 1:1 fight with 2 Jedi. During each fight scene they've shown her reach out for the Jedi lightsaber in slow-mo scenes. Clearly, there's a focus on her attempt to snatch the lightsaber off of the Jedi's belt. Although she hasn't succeeded in this yet, she clearly doesn't want to keep the saber for herself as she left the lightsaber on the floor after killing her first Jedi. So, why is she keep doing this? These fights seem to be some kind of trial for her as she alluded that she wasn't supposed to use poison. To pass the trial, is she supposed to kill a Jedi with his/her own weapon? Thoughts...

Reactions: Garonman

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
Watched the first 2 episodes it was meh not horrible just like all their series I have watched but lets be honest with maybe the exception of the first 3 original movies the acting in the Star Wars franchise has always been mediocre, I found it a little scummy and deceptive that they show Carrie-Anne Moss in all the trailers and filming shoots when she has like a 3 minute part which was very disappointing.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
She’s supposed to kill a Jedi without using a weapon at all. Hard to do that when the Jedi has a light saber. It’s just good sense to try to separate the Jedi from their weapon.

It’s a good point to note she doesn’t collect the light sabers. Sith use hatred to turn Jedi saber blades red, so looks like her boss is not from the typical Sith tradition, despite he has a red saber.

BTW, it requires a Light Side Paragon to cleanse the hatred in a Sith blade and turn it white. Ahsoka is the only Jedi in history to do such a thing. She is literally more a Jedi than any of the Jedi of her time.

Had KK not screwed up the Ahsoka story by diminishing Ezra, we would expect great things there. That was a perfect instance where the female lead did not need the male lead to be diminished in order for her to be large by comparison. KK screwed up that storyline out of pure hate for the patriarchy.

Forgot your password?