The Aegis Eclipse is coming ( Concept Sale 19 May)

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Her silhouette alone seems like a sweet deal.
However the prices have been going up, and for $275 she better be made out of gold.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Does the ship cover come with it? I'm seriously guessing it has a seriously low signature. May make a nice ambush pirating shit; but for $275 it's going to require it to have something unique only to that chassis for me ready to open my wallet again anytime soon.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Ok, having had time to digest the picture, I think this is an homage to one of the competitors to the next gen bomber commercial (Lockheed or Northrop I am not sure) where they had a person walking in to a big hanger and looking up at a shrouded bomber

Compared to

That and the price leads me to believe this is a bomber along the lines of the Retaliator. Remember, the Retaliator was supped to be an old frame (like the B-1 of today). If it's a fighter, I will be a little shocked as the price is a little much unless it's direct replacement/upgrade for the Vanguard series (long range, heavy firepower, multi-crew, semi-maneuverable and decent top speed...170-190 m/s ish.)

Guess we will see in a few days...anyone else have a guess?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Since that picture do not give any idea of the actual size so that is all guessing.. assuming it is stealth just be cause it seem to have a fairly low profile is also guessing, assuming for that sake it is or have anything to do with a bomber or fighter is pure guessing..

For all I see is a shape that easy could be anything from a sleek low profiled bomber, cargo huller, transport, luxury, or even a smaller version of the crucible.. and guessing from what you can see, what look like the cockpit it could be anything from size of a Sabre to a Polaris..
I shore hope it is around the size of the vanguard or around there and that it is a stealth no matter the function taking the sleek profile in consideration, but to be fair this is all guessing and we'll just have to wait and see the 19th.

just my 2 cent! :P

CHEERS :beers: :beers: :beers:

felyxsnow

Commander
Donor
Dec 17, 2016
RSI Handle
felyxsnow
In every "photo" we've seen, regardless of its location, the wings are up. That makes me think that maybe they stay that way.

So much speculation on a ship seemingly no one wants. Haha.

We shall see.

Not sure if you guys saw the Star Citizen twitch stream with these photos:

View: https://m.imgur.com/a/wUIGH

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Who said it was wings might be repair arms like the one on the Crusible or engines or just landing gears like the Retaliator have... I mean it can be anything, but yes logical it look to be part of the wings if it even have wings it could be saucer shaped for all we know and that is like the rudders.

just another 2 cents dropped there :beers:

i'm spreading money around me throw yourself on it, it's free :beers:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The way things are now, you really only have a limited number of ships you want/can have/use at one point in time. At what point does having enough ships become having too much to really handle in-game with insurance, etc.

I think people are getting ship overload...

Aunfox

Space Marshal
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Aunf0x
There are two ships that this teaser concept reminds me of.

The first is the original WC1 era Hornet. It featured Two vertical stabilizers and a flat wing shape. (like so) Also fits the Space Superiority profile.
upload_2017-5-14_21-41-35.png

The second is a Wing Commander II era ship, The Broadsword It featured incredibly boxy engines though, And turrets. But it was a beast, and I'd fly one if given the opportunity. (Fits the bomber Price point.)
upload_2017-5-14_21-43-47.png

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I will say, they have done a remarkable job of marketing the eclipse with all these teasers. What would have been met with "ho-hum, another Aegis ship...Pass" has gotten people talking about it a lot. The chatter for this is approaching that of the 600, which a lot of people really do want.

Forgot your password?