The Anvil Arrow

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/anvil-arrow/Arrow

Count me surprised at the missile loadout. S3's on such a tiny bird? Did I read that right?

This is tiny--on par with the Origin 100 series. Supposedly flight ready but no maneuverability specs. Tiny for a turret.

Big reveal is they're calling it "stealth". If you can pull that turret and replace with the Tracker package. . .could be the first choice for a stealth recon flier for birds like the Polaris. This is half the size of a Hornet, less than half the mass, and significantly faster, which means it can effectively run away.

I'm liking it.

Fold up wings! Will fit even tiny hangar bays!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni1w-RQ4Hhs

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Count me surprised at the missile loadout. S3's on such a tiny bird> Did I read that right?
They way I'm reading the Spec's, it has a S3 hard point but comes with a rack that carries 2 Size 2 missiles (that's that MSD-322 Rack), as well as a rack that carries one Size 2 missile. This is each wing, so a total of 6 missiles.
Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 9.51.50 AM.png

Overall, for a starter, looks pretty sweet!

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
No eject seat though, at least it didnt work when I flew it. Also coundt find an inner thought for it.

edit: 2 bulldogs on the turret. Could also swap the turret for a single s3

Reactions: Deroth and Ammorn

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
No eject seat though, at least it didnt work when I flew it. Also coundt find an inner thought for it.

edit: 2 bulldogs on the turret. Could also swap the turret for a single s3
The eject is there between the legs, not sure if it works but it lights up

Reactions: Deroth and Ammorn

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
They way I'm reading the Spec's, it has a S3 hard point but comes with a rack that carries 2 Size 2 missiles (that's that MSD-322 Rack), as well as a rack that carries one Size 2 missile. This is each wing, so a total of 6 missiles.
I think I'd rather have 2 S3s than 4 S2s for any offensive action. I'm not aware of any small fighters that can carry S3s. Arrester IIIs can track out to 9km. That can stop a Connie dead with one shot, and leave it defenseless to the little guns. S3's are a threat all their own. Longer range, longer tracking means the little bird's stealth is working for you, and S3s are faster and harder to countermeasure too.

S3 Thunderbolts track to 10km and do enough damage to destroy any small target in one shot. Both missiles would finish most medium ships.

But just how much "stealth" has it got I wonder?

Bet it falls apart with harsh language though. Marcsand2 is the one to test this bird for us--needs a defensive flier.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
View attachment 11161
Overall, for a starter, looks pretty sweet!
Sounds like it will punch above it's weight.

Forgot your password?