The Anvil Hawk

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
Given it's size, shape & lack of visible weapons, I would guess that it is more of a recon / scout ship. Possibly even a scout snub for use with the Carrack?
Are we looking at the same ship? The image, before unfolding, shows a repeater under slung at the nose and another weapon pointing over wing, housed in the Hornet-like tail boom.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
no worries. I wasn't meaning to come off as an ass, I'm sorry.
No worries, we all have an ass as part of who we are & I truly do like a lot of your points that you have made so far.

While you might be correct in that this might be a civilian defender, I recall CIG saying that they were pretty well done making fighting ships for the time being just before they started hinting at the Pioneer. Which is why I think it might be the snub scout craft that has been promised for the Carrack.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
In my personal opinion, any vehicle called a Pisces should be capable to traveling through fluids like a submarine due to its name stemming from either the constellation or the zodiac sign which is often displayed as a pair of fish.
True, and any ship named the Carrack should be able to float on water and sail across the sea since the original Carracks were designed as ships for exploration.

Unless CIG just make them both for space instead of water since this is a game set in space...

XehnRage

Vice Admiral
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
XehnRage
blow up the image a bit and we have, "guess-timating",
gimbaled S1 repeater
two over wing Fixed S2
two underslung S3
Two main trusters
single pilot
activated flaps, purpose built trans-atmospheric fighter

opinion,
More firepower than I would give Civil Defense Forces, but it plays along with the Polaris Militia idea And it's a bit of Branding from AA to side-step the Hornet = Military staple.
I'm not sure we need another fighter. it does build the AA Stable and unless it brings something to the table the Hornets don't, it could get lost in the crowd
While not a traditional Snub design(Merlin), I believe it will have no Jump or Quantum Drive as intended to be Light, defensive, local, fighter.

Edit: added opinion
Maybe when the wings folds in, Carrack Snub?

XehnRage

Vice Admiral
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
XehnRage
You know, looking at what we have to speculate off of, I wonder if this might be a competition to the Khartoum-Al? Agile scout. Just the wing design. It could be smaller than what others have speculated. I’ve seen some images where it’s laid next to a SH and the Hornet is longer but this is wider.

Forgot your password?