The Division Open Beta!!!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Going Rogue is extremely punishing, especially accidentally.

I've been saving up credits to get the 7000 rifle, and reached 5200. Picked up a few keys along the way so I thought I was more or less close...
Someone in my team shoots another player, whole team goes Rogue... gets gunned down from 4 different groups... lose 750 creds. Later on, that same guy goes on a "revenge killing" raising the Rogue rank to 4 or 5... survived a while, but dies in the end, loses 1.7k...

Change team, goes ok, accidentally go Rogue near an extraction zone (the rooftop one) and I was a floor below. 1 second away from losing the Rogue status, I die...

Each time I lose a key too.

There's really no reason to go Rogue in the Dark Zone if you're trying to work on getting something out of it. Unless you're being an ass (like a group of them I faced who just kept going Rogue as soon as they respawn)

There was also this one group who camped the ladder place with Man Hunt.

Also, turret sucks in Dark Zone... you deploy, accidentally hit someone shooting the same NPC running in front of you, the turret turns and starts shooting him... whole team goes Rogue...

I ended up giving up with barely 4000 creds... got a few back by killing other Rogue agents from 2700, but it was a huge drop.

McFurious

Grand Admiral
Dec 27, 2014
RSI Handle
McFurious
Going Rogue is extremely punishing, especially accidentally.

I've been saving up credits to get the 7000 rifle, and reached 5200. Picked up a few keys along the way so I thought I was more or less close...
Someone in my team shoots another player, whole team goes Rogue... gets gunned down from 4 different groups... lose 750 creds. Later on, that same guy goes on a "revenge killing" raising the Rogue rank to 4 or 5... survived a while, but dies in the end, loses 1.7k...

Change team, goes ok, accidentally go Rogue near an extraction zone (the rooftop one) and I was a floor below. 1 second away from losing the Rogue status, I die...

Each time I lose a key too.

There's really no reason to go Rogue in the Dark Zone if you're trying to work on getting something out of it. Unless you're being an ass (like a group of them I faced who just kept going Rogue as soon as they respawn)

There was also this one group who camped the ladder place with Man Hunt.

Also, turret sucks in Dark Zone... you deploy, accidentally hit someone shooting the same NPC running in front of you, the turret turns and starts shooting him... whole team goes Rogue...

I ended up giving up with barely 4000 creds... got a few back by killing other Rogue agents from 2700, but it was a huge drop.
Yeah it's pretty brutal. I don't see why the whole group has to go rogue because of one guy either. They need to do some tweaking on that before release.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So is this game worth it? Because its 43 USD on Greenmangaming.com. That's not even 60 Canadian, and considering Steam is charging 80 Canadian for the base game right now, I'd say its quite the deal. Thoughts?
http://www.greenmangaming.com/#link1

Edit: I love RPG's and shooters. I'm imagining this being a bit like Mass Effect 2 & 3 in game play. And we we have a decent presence for group play?
Yes, I asked the same question in the other Division thread. Just covering as much ground as possible. Redundancy folks. Ha

Last edited:

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
So is this game worth it? Because its 43 USD on Greenmangaming.com. That's not even 60 Canadian, and considering Steam is charging 80 Canadian for the base game right now, I'd say its quite the deal. Thoughts?

Edit: I love RPG's and shooters. I'm imagining this being a bit like Mass Effect 2 & 3 in game play. And we we have a decent presence for group play?
Yes, I asked the same question in the other Division thread. Just covering as much ground as possible. Redundancy folks. Ha
Hard to say if it's worth it or not. Each person is different. I myself really enjoyed it, I think it may be missing something, but I really enjoyed it. Some people didn't like it and some people were like "meh, it's alright". Maybe we should take a poll?

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
I think a poll would be a good idea to see how many people are playing and one what platform. I bought the game for PC a while back and loved the gameplay, so I'm happy to play it on PC. But I also have 3 friends who are considering it, so I may buy it for Xbone as well. Who knows.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Ya I enjoyed it alot, the dark zone to me is going to be interesting, I think solo dark zone will be tough, if you can put together a group or 2 it should be easy pickings. The co-op looks great though, the story line looks good and looks like there will be plenty to do as far as crafting and side missions, enough to keep me busy for a few months anyways.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut

If your looking for a co-op style RPG shooter then I would say yes, if you prefer a COD style then I would not say this game is for you, its not a 1 on 1 style or a game where the perks win your battles, not to say you cant play this game solo but to me this is a group/squad style of play, that being said it does not look that overly complicated either, after watching some of the videos of the mission game play it does not look extremely hard the AI is not that great from what I have seen, aside from that it absolutely looks like a ton of fun, lots of weapons and mods, the skills look decent and the ability to kind of choose the style of play you want appeals to me, add to this a crafting a system and the ability to add story lines and other DLC I think this game is worth picking up at least to fill my gap of waiting for SC and Legion, I was also a big Ghost Recon fan back in the day and the idea of a squad based co-op game is right up my alley, so it really depends on what you are looking for.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
If your looking for a co-op style RPG shooter then I would say yes, if you prefer a COD style then I would not say this game is for you, its not a 1 on 1 style or a game where the perks win your battles, not to say you cant play this game solo but to me this is a group/squad style of play, that being said it does not look that overly complicated either, after watching some of the videos of the mission game play it does not look extremely hard the AI is not that great from what I have seen, aside from that it absolutely looks like a ton of fun, lots of weapons and mods, the skills look decent and the ability to kind of choose the style of play you want appeals to me, add to this a crafting a system and the ability to add story lines and other DLC I think this game is worth picking up at least to fill my gap of waiting for SC and Legion, I was also a big Ghost Recon fan back in the day and the idea of a squad based co-op game is right up my alley, so it really depends on what you are looking for.
I'll take an RPG over a shooter almost any day. But a hybrid of both is awesome. I really enjoyed Destiny for fits and spurts. 2 weeks here, a month there, etc. And I love the Mass Effect games, which I'm guessing this may play like, in that it's a 3Rd person RPG shooter.

I just wasn't sold on the game before. Didn't give a rats ass about it honestly, until I saw the threads here. Now I'm waffling, mostly because it's still 60 bucks, and I have a huge backlog of game to play yet. Haha. Damn real life keeps getting in the way.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I'll take an RPG over a shooter almost any day. But a hybrid of both is awesome. I really enjoyed Destiny for fits and spurts. 2 weeks here, a month there, etc. And I love the Mass Effect games, which I'm guessing this may play like, in that it's a 3Rd person RPG shooter.

I just wasn't sold on the game before. Didn't give a rats ass about it honestly, until I saw the threads here. Now I'm waffling, mostly because it's still 60 bucks, and I have a huge backlog of game to play yet. Haha. Damn real life keeps getting in the way.
I think backlog of games is common with gamers. I know people who get in on humble bundles pretty regularly and has a massive list of un-played games that they may or may not be able to get to.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy

Now that you mention it, it does seem quite familiar to Mass Effect.

Granted, there are major differences, but similarities are also there.

There are different types of skills, from defensive to technical (and also heal, which Mass Effect didn't really have, because of the auto-regen)
Enemies have shield layers before their base HP (though they don't regenerate)

Cover based shooting mechanic with different weapon types are similar in both, with the lack of "heavy" and obviously "biotics".

Mass Effect is a lot more character and story centric and this is a lot more loot/item/stats centric, but the whole time I've been shooting, I did feel it's not too far off.

There's a lack of "elemental strength/weakness" as well, but being Tom Clancy, it's more "realistic"

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

There are different types of skills, from defensive to technical (and also heal, which Mass Effect didn't really have, because of the auto-regen)

Cover based shooting mechanic with different weapon types are similar in both, with the lack of "heavy" and obviously "biotics".

Mass Effect is a lot more character and story centric and this is a lot more loot/item/stats centric, but the whole time I've been shooting, I did feel it's not too far off.

There's a lack of "elemental strength/weakness" as well, but being Tom Clancy, it's more "realistic"
Good rundown. Thanks. I really appreciate it.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos

The music seems very familiar to Mass Effect

Forgot your password?