The Grand Tour

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Not sure how many petrolheads (motorheads, gearheads, car nuts, etc) we have out there, but if you enjoyed the previous generation of Top Gear and can't stand Mr. Shouty and Mr. No Emotion, take a look at the Grand Tour. It's only available through Amazon Prime Video, but the first episode was absolutely hilarious. I am definately looking forward to more.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
im about half way through the first episode........they REALLY stepped up their game as car journalists. I am wildly excited for this new show.

Reactions: HaymeR

HaymeR

Admiral
Oct 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Haym3r
Just finished watching first episode. Looks good, very fun to watch. I missed those guys. Can't wait for future episodes.
And the new track looks very fun! I would say, "TEST level" fun :grinning:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I just found the episode. Looks like I'll be busy for the next hour or so!

Reactions: Printimus

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Just watched it and really liked it.
I have to agree with them that the hyper cars they got are amazing, and I like the nickname "Trinity" for the cars together.

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
One episode in and they've already killed 3 celebrities, I'd say it's better than the last.

But -1 for doing a feature on the m series :p

Reactions: DarthMatter

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
I'm not a car person by any means, but I really enjoyed Top Gear. I haven't seen the new GT, but if it's anything like TG (TG... GT? Huh.) then I'll love it too.

Reactions: DarthMatter

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I liked Top Gear, and it turned me into a "car person". I like Grand Tour, and having seen the first 2 episodes, I think it emulates what Top Gear did well: the banter between hosts, cool cars, funny challenges. But I think Amazon has their hands too far in it. I don't like the American "racer" who has to comment on all of the cars (using the exact same insults each time), and I do miss actual conversations with celebrities. Plus, at least in the second episode, the main challenge felt too scripted, which is also what I didn't like with later seasons of Top Gear.

Overall though, I will still watch the show, and it is still infinitely better than the other Top Gear reboots

Forgot your password?