RSI Handle
Shortspark
Reactions: honcho12

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
If everyone's in Hull ships, it'll be "Happy Times" for pirates. Seriously.

This is one reason why I did not melt my BMM for any of the Hull series.
One thing to note is that in the announcement post, the hull series was mentioned as being one of, if not the most commonly seen ships in the 'verse. I'm not going to be upset if I see a ton of hull series ships flying around, seeing as the vast majority of spaceflight will likely be commerce related, and what better to do commerce in than a hauler of some sort? There will definitely be places for the taurus, Banu MM, freelancer, caterpiller and even cutlass pilots, though; anyone who discounts these ships based solely on their reduced payloads is a fool who isn't thinking of smaller, more focused hauling missions, such as armed mercantile, smuggling, combat resupply, or any other number of jobs that the hull line simply is not fit to carry out.

Reactions: RipVanDan

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
One thing to note is that in the announcement post, the hull series was mentioned as being one of, if not the most commonly seen ships in the 'verse. I'm not going to be upset if I see a ton of hull series ships flying around, seeing as the vast majority of spaceflight will likely be commerce related, and what better to do commerce in than a hauler of some sort? There will definitely be places for the taurus, Banu MM, freelancer, caterpiller and even cutlass pilots, though; anyone who discounts these ships based solely on their reduced payloads is a fool who isn't thinking of smaller, more focused hauling missions, such as armed mercantile, smuggling, combat resupply, or any other number of jobs that the hull line simply is not fit to carry out.
Agreed.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Chalk me up for a Hull B. My Avenger died gloriously to bring me a mid-size cargo hauler.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
so if I buy a Hull A, can I upgrade it later and keep the LTI?

Gstar Nova

Vice Admiral
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
Gstar Nova
Picked up 3 Hull B's with the idea of 1. working out a coop sharing profits with another testie. or 2. renting/leasing them. I expect to be busy exploring in my Carrack or bounty hunting with my Redeemer.

Reactions: Black Sunder

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Part of me says
'grab a whole wack of Hull A's for CCU later'
' Buy the Hull D for Orion'

Other part says ' buy the Hull E and git er done'
At this point you really can't go wrong with any ships you buy. I bought a Hull C, downgraded it to a B and then read Tooter's post and bought a Hull A. If you want something to grab for CCU fodder, get a Reliant when it comes out. It is 'supposed' to be the 3rd starter ship. Hopefully it will have the price of one.

As for the whole Orion and Hull D thing I think of it like the Hulk and Orca combo from Eve but I'd be more interested in 3-4 Orions using a Hull E as their dump ship instead when you need to get an op done and over with fast.

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Picked up 3 Hull B's with the idea of 1. working out a coop sharing profits with another testie. or 2. renting/leasing them. I expect to be busy exploring in my Carrack or bounty hunting with my Redeemer.
SAWADEE...
can't wait for the CARRACK to go on sale again...i still have 350 saved up for when it does...

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
6 hull A's (ccu/upgrade fodder) and a Hull E in my hanger, all non LTI ships were axed.

I don't really expect the Hull to survive if the Endeavor and/or Crucible peak my interest

Forgot your password?