The Kardashev Scale

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Do you think humans and other intelligent life could be advanced enough to go beyond Type I on the Kardashev Scale? I'm assuming that the SC universe in the year 2953 would be Type I - but that line is blurred as citizens are traveling within at least one galaxy. Whereas in reality we are currently at Type 0 based on this theoretical model.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
IMHO, the Kardashev scale is broken. It places interdimensional technology as galactic and there are plenty of reasons to suspect this and other assumptions in the ranking are incorrect. It is thus IMHO, a useless model best ignored.

For instance, reports of UFO phenomena that extend back 6,000 years present to be displays of type 3 phenomena. If that’s so, it’s silly to call us less than type 1 just because we are told we’re not reading the dials and flipping the switches. We don’t know what we don’t know, so isn’t it the height of arrogance to pretend we’re going to be Judge of these things?

What people report are sightings of things that do not obey the laws of inertia. That’s Type 3 behavior, just as much as walking on water and rising from the dead.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
where does a civilization that elected Donald Trump president stand on the Kardashev scale?

or the Kardashian scale, while we're asking?

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
IMHO, the Kardashev scale is broken.
I couldn't agree more. If I remember correctly, the Kardashev scale was constructed by a some science fiction writer. Probably some Scientology bullshit for all I know. In my mind, the practicality of the scale does not seem to have a lot of merit in the real world as it's ostentatious at best...but it was intended as a fun way to imagine how far the human race (or alien race for that matter) could technologically advance. SC seems so incredibly technologically advanced compared to todays society...but imagine how far we could advance - as long as we're not done in by an astroid, disease, war, or A.I. as discussed in a separate post. Fun to dream about :)

Forgot your password?