The One Ship Manufactuer you just can't stand

What is the one ship Manufacturer you just can't stand?

• Total voters

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd say the results of the poll speak for themselves. Origin can go *%#*($^(*%^*(^#$%@!)($_%^&*()^
It was a Lambo that turned into a Maybach. As good as the Maybach may be, how may 10 year olds have a poster of it on their wall or a miniture version of it in their Hotwheels collection? Added to that the Luxury mechanic doesn't have a focus yet (and the eventual focus may end up being little more than "people in the 'verse are such narcissists they will like you more because you have one"), it's a whole range of ships without a point.

And this comes form someone with 5 in their collection. It'll all work out in the end but the style change combined with "luxury will mean something" but nothing yet means there are a lot of changes with this line at a loose end. Two things humans seems to hate are 1) Change, 2) Uncertainty. I'm hoping luxury means "Premium Performance", personally.

The real reaction will come from 80% of owners who backed on the concept then walked away from the project to await the finished game "What do you mean I can't Bounty Hunt in it anymore?!"

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Also, am I alone in thinking that the Esperia Prowler reminds me of the drop ships from Chronicles of Riddick?
I think it is supposed to remind of the MV-22.

Luxury in SC means a birch veneer and plastic walls.

Fancy.
I saw a vid with someone walking through the 600, all impressed by the textures of the leather walls, etc. It is more than plastic.

I love Apple, but really not impressed with Origin. Just saying though, if you want luxury, they are beautiful inside and out.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I think it is supposed to remind of the MV-22.

I saw a vid with someone walking through the 600, all impressed by the textures of the leather walls, etc. It is more than plastic.

I love Apple, but really not impressed with Origin. Just saying though, if you want luxury, they are beautiful inside and out.
I almost liked this post for disliking Origin, but then you said you love Apple and it balanced out.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I almost liked this post for disliking Origin, but then you said you love Apple and it balanced out.
Well, I'll shamefully note what I have in the past. Over ten years ago I was dissing Apple and in specific, Macs, to the guy who is the number one guy at NASA working with Ames' new supercomuter. He responded by spanking my ass and telling me what I didn't know about Apple. So in response I bought one.

I use this machine 55-70 hours/week and have for more than ten years. It has never locked up nor crashed. I'm sold on Apple.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Shocked to see Origin at the top honestly I think some of their ships are the most detailed out there I think once the rework comes and they add a few other ships people may rethink it, the 600I is just down right gorgeous imo!

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Its got to be Origin, they should be in theory, one of the best manufacturers in the game, but so far they have just churned out junk.

I have no faith at all in the 890 turning out ot be anything other than a bloated, useless, impractical, waste of space.

Forgot your password?