The practical use of Carrier birds.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
My 2 cents and this is based on a lot of speculation...

With regards to Bounty Hunting, I will be frank in saying that I feel that the neither the Corsair, 600i, Carrack, Banu Merchantman, or anything in that size range + will make a good Bounty Hunting ship on its own... maybe as part of a group. I can't speak for the capabilities of the ships that haven't been released, but I can make some very educated assumptions based on what's out now. Take the Mandalorian for instance and look at his ship. It's maybe 1/3 the size of a Connie if that... for Bounty Hunting I expect you'll need function over form and the ability to transfer your bounty. So I know the Avenger is out there and the Cutlass? Is supposed to be another ship that works for that... I might be wrong... anyway. A ship that keeps coming to mind as I type this is the Redeemer, it reminds me of the Mandalorian's ship with regards to size, the redeemer is a little bigger, and configuration. I think a ship as described here, that can carry a respectable amount of cargo and an Ursa Rover is simply going to be too big and too unwieldy for Bounty Hunting... at least on it's own and in situations where you're engaging in ship to ship combat.

... now that said. If you picture your self hunting bounties on foot, IE most of your engagements will be FPS based, you can pretty much disregard everything I've just told you. In that case I would point to the Carrack again, or as other's have said, and if you're not turned off by the utilitarian style, the Corsair. Based on the idea of focusing Bounty Hunting on foot, I don't consider the fire-power of the Corsair to be a must. My expectation would be that you would want a fast, durable ship. IE, a ship with shields that can absorb hits, make a run for it in sub-light speed and make the jump to Quantum quickly. I can't speak for the size of the fuel tanks on the Corsair, but I will say that the fuel tanks in the Carrack are rather large.

Anyhow, interesting conversation, hope my comments give you some food for thought.
The Mandalorian compared to "Team Awesome Force" from Killjoys. :)
"You know what they say about Team Awesome Force? They say D'av will take the bullet, John will fix what's broken and Dutch brings you home."
That depends on what the Redeemer winds up being. It has crossed my mind, and would keep me all Aegis. :)

As for hunting bounties on foot, or more precisely, on the ground. Why risk a multi-million credit ship for a 20K Bounty when you can take the mark outside his favorite bar. (Another reason for a rover. :) )

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Or an Idris with a Rail Gun. LOL
I do love me a good old fashioned rail gun.
That depends on what the Redeemer winds up being.
I added her to my fleet. I just had to. I couldn't wait. If she'd ends up being a dud, I'll simply upgrade her.
Why risk a multi-million credit ship for a 20K Bounty when you can take the mark outside his favorite bar. (Another reason for a rover. :) )
Exactly this. Stun the fucker, freeze 'em in carbonite, haul 'em back to your ship, get paid.

I am curious to know about the Hawk though. She looks like a fun ship.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I do love me a good old fashioned rail gun.

I added her to my fleet. I just had to. I couldn't wait. If she'd ends up being a dud, I'll simply upgrade her.

Exactly this. Stun the fucker, freeze 'em in carbonite, haul 'em back to your ship, get paid.

I am curious to know about the Hawk though. She looks like a fun ship.
Same range issues as the Titan/Stalker, with less firepower, and more power issues.

For example: if you have purchased a Redeemer, then using the new system you would have a variety of new modules available to refit the ship, internal and external, to suit your play requirements. If you wanted to make it a Bounty Hunter ship, you could buy a “Stasis Chamber module” for the lower deck and you would be able to capture and store fugitives to be delivered for their bounties at your leisure.
This had me looking at the Redeemer. :)

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
As for hunting bounties on foot, or more precisely, on the ground. Why risk a multi-million credit ship for a 20K Bounty when you can take the mark outside his favorite bar. (Another reason for a rover. :) )
Oh no, that's exactly why I mentioned the Carrack for ground based Bounty Hunting, you can have somebody land, take the rover out, if it's you alone, you stash the ship out of the way and just drive to your targets favorite bar. ;)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Looks like upgrading the Titan to a Freelancer, then at the next anniversary sale upgrading to a Star Rummer or Constellation Andromeda plus a Redeemer CCU.
RedeemerUrsa.png

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Damn, I haven't seen this Redeemer pic before! Awesome!
Also, sounds like a damn good plan. I here the lancer is a beauty to play at the moment.
The Lancer is currently a free ride to everyone in 3.8. I turned my Retaliator Base into a Connie Andromeda to give myself a more practical, than the Anvil Gladiator, loaner until I either buy a Connie or it looks like the Tali is useful. :) (I have a Connie to Tali Bomber CCU sitting in my account, ready to go. :) )

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Bear in mind that Redeemer pic is a fan mockup. While that would be a super cool thing for a dropship to be able to do (paging the Pelican from Halo), it's not anywhere in the cards.

Speaking of not being anywhere in the cards, the Redeemer's been on the backburner since the end of TNGS and I've heard no info to suggest otherwise.

Sucks that the Cutlass isn't for you because it seems like it ticks all the boxes you're looking for. Maybe the Blue might be different enough that you could pinch your nose?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Bear in mind that Redeemer pic is a fan mockup. While that would be a super cool thing for a dropship to be able to do (paging the Pelican from Halo), it's not anywhere in the cards.

Speaking of not being anywhere in the cards, the Redeemer's been on the backburner since the end of TNGS and I've heard no info to suggest otherwise.

Sucks that the Cutlass isn't for you because it seems like it ticks all the boxes you're looking for. Maybe the Blue might be different enough that you could pinch your nose?
Looking at the Red, I doubt the Blue will be able to carry a bike.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Forgot your password?