The Razer Turret Gaming Keyboard/Mouse

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Interesting idea, though I don't see myself sitting on the couch to play games. IMO one of the benefits of PC gaming is an awesome ergonomic chair.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I got a lapdesk thing for this. It was cheaper than this will be.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
I could see myself using something like this. I sit in a recliner most of the time.

Takran

Admiral
Feb 8, 2016
RSI Handle
TakranG
Er... you could buy or fabricate your own lap desk for less and use *any* wireless mouse/KB, and it could even be big enough to actually move the mouse at all.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Mini keyboards have been a thing for a long time. "Gaming grade wireless" is just advertising lingo BS. The mousepad section of the device is too small for most gaming sessions unless you keep your mouse at a very high sensitivity. Also, when the pad is folded (say you have access to a different mouse surface) the edges aren't flush so you end up with a pivot point being directly underneath WASD keys. I can't imagine that the entire device is very heavy so it probably isn't very well counter weighted to prevent the whole thing from tipping up during intense KPS moments (Starcraft anyone?).

All in all, it looks like another device from razer that's going to be 8/10 form 2/10 function.

However, I will say that Razer is not afraid to try cool new things when it comes to gaming peripherals and I have to commend them for that. It's nice to see a company that's not afraid to make something different to see if it works.

Reactions: Xian-Luc Picard
Forgot your password?