The Rock Report #5

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Normally I wouldn't double post this here and the Industry Division thread but it is a bit of a milestone imo being the 5th one I've done. If you haven't been following the thread here is a glimpse into what goes on in there and what is coming next for the Industry Division. Here is the 5th Rock Report. As always the Industry Division thread can be found here.

The Rock Report #5

Welcome to the 5th Edition of the Rock Report. If this is your first time reading one you don’t know what you’re missing! The Rock Report is the Rock Raiders newsletter that has been written and published every month to the Rock Raiders thread since April 2016. It is a roundup of things that have happened in the thread over the past month since the last one and also details any useful bits of information about Star Citizen, TEST, or the Division as a whole. It is a good way for a new person to get up to speed on past things without wading through the entire thread if they don’t want to and currently the thread is 62 pages long. That is quite an achievement so far. Below are links to past Rock Reports:

The Rock Report #1
The Rock Report #2
The Rock Report #3
The Rock Report #4

Welcome Everyone

First let me welcome everyone that has posted their interest in Rock Raiders over the past month. I say this to everyone new that posts in the thread but I mean it every time: Welcome Aboard. We’re happy to have you. Your support and activity makes this all possible and worthwhile. I also want to say thank you to everyone that posts in the thread to carry on the conversation. You’re keeping the thread vibrant and alive with discussion while helping new people decide if they want to come on board with us. You are all awesome.

Industry Division Q&A Aftermath

At the end of July on the 28th we had the Industry Division Q&A Thread. In retrospect I should have done more to promote when it was going to happen and because I didn’t there were not that many questions asked so I take the blame for that. In the future I will do better as I did with the Steel Summit. The thread can be found here with the questions and their answers all collected in the second post. Although it was not as successful as we had hoped it would be we will be wanting to do another one.

Raider Roundup

July was a slow month for the thread. Behind the scenes though we are diligently working on the next version of the Codex. The Prospecting Overview is done and I have posted excerpts in the thread for people to see including the first look at how a Branch of the Division could be organized. Codex 2.0 will not be as large of a leap but will still contain other new things. General Revisions have started and will be ongoing for a couple weeks probably. If people have something specific they would like to see elaborated on in the Codex that maybe we haven’t touched on, please post it here and we will take it under advisement.

On July 4th we debuted a short Survey for the Division. If you haven’t already done so, please take a moment to fill it out. It takes 30 seconds at the most. At the moment of this writing there are 63 responses which has yielded these results:

Looking Ahead

Looking ahead we want to do the next Steel Summit sometime at the end of October or early November. With the success of the one in June it will be time for another one. No idea of a specific date or time but we’ll try to pick something like last time where the most people can attend. Along with that we will post the 2nd Q&A thread to coincide so those that can’t make it for whatever reason will have an opportunity to ask their questions and get them answered all the same. If anyone wishes to donate prizes for the giveaway at the end please PM me as we get closer to that time. I will have more concrete details in the next Rock Report.

Lastly there is something I want to get going in October once my friend finds time to drive up and help me put my new rig together(he has all the software I want including the OS). Anyway in October I would like to start doing weekly gatherings in game either to do missions together, haul stuff for fun, or TEST our ships against other non-TEST members. We’ll think of something fun new to do every week but these would be official Division gatherings. Now does that mean you must attend if you want to be in Rock Raiders? No it doesn’t mean that. As cheesy as it sounds the goal of these gatherings would be to build effective communication, teamwork, and group cohesion so when we have something important to play with in the future we’re that much further ahead. And we’ll start looking for leaders we can trust to lead things. *wink*

That’s all there is this week. It was a short one for sure but as I said July was slow for the thread. I encourage people to ask questions about the Division in the thread and we will respond. Thank you all for reading this. Rock Boss out!

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I would like to start doing weekly gatherings in game either to do missions together, haul stuff for fun, or TEST our ships against other non-TEST members. We’ll think of something fun new to do every week but these would be official Division gatherings. Now does that mean you must attend if you want to be in Rock Raiders? No it doesn’t mean that. As cheesy as it sounds the goal of these gatherings would be to build effective communication, teamwork, and group cohesion so when we have something important to play with in the future we’re that much further ahead.
Sounds like fun :)

Reactions: Black Sunder
Forgot your password?