The Winter 2016 Anime Season Discussion Thread

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Greetings and salutations, Ladies and not-so-Gentlemen.

For those of you who care (and if you have entered this thread then I suppose that means you, yes you), the new anime season is upon us, and already several series have released their first episodes, which have been promptly subbed for the enjoyment of any gaijin foolish enough to not be able to comprehend Nihon-go.

The intention of this thread is to create an ongoing discussion about these series, as it appears that several people in this amalgamation of scum and tards, are fans of the 'foreign arts'. If you have not yet seen what the smorgasbord this season is, then click the following link to find out:

Now that you have been enlightened, you may find yourself in a similar situation as me, that is in a state of thought that concerns the sheer underwhelming nature that this season offers, as compared to the one just passed. Yes, at first glance this season is a peice of shit, left to taint a perfectly good floor, leaving bypassers with a sense of disgust and a bad smell lingering somewhere at the back of their nostrel, so far back that you think that you can almost taste it.
But fear not, for the shit has not yet ruined said floor, no, the floor may yet be saved and there are a few series so far that may help with this.

To start of the discussion, I would like to bring your attention to article A, "Boku dake ga Inai Machi".
Admittingly, only the first episdoe is out, but yet this series does a few thing sthat many series do not attempt to do, that is have realistic characters, and actual plotline, and a unique story. What the actual fuck, right? Sounds bizzare that any respectable mangaka would even conceive such an act, let alone an studio convert it into a anime. But that is what we have here. I won't go into the plot, for those of you who freak out about spoilers, but it is a Psychological Seinen, which is actually pretty good. So, a darker tone, older characters and the story pretty much centres around murders. Still, if you are not a moe-pedo, it is worth a look.

In that spirit, anyone else seen anything surprisingly good, or waiting for something in particular?

At the time of writing, Dagashi Kashi is being subbed, and GATE is airring in Japan, Oh Boy!

Forgot your password?