Them ships are going through pipes

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
So, I remember how a few years ago the haters were making lists of how many ships have been promised and how hardly any of these have been delivered, and then using that as some sort of 'proof' that SC is a scam.
Well, lot less of that now. Gee, I wonder why:
StarCitizenShips.png

Lot less ships waiting to get finished there. A lot less. Of the 159 or so ships (not counting all the 'best in show' versions etc.) we have 110 flight ready. And among the ships that aren't flight ready, there are also vanduul ships, that might not even be planned to be player operated, though I think it'd be cool if we could go over to Vanduul space and snatch a few. Dips on the kingship. It's not stealing if everybody hates their guts.

Now sure, among the ships that aren't finished, there are a few that are extremely old and extremely anticipated. BMM is an acronym that handstands for "When We BMM!?"
I'm sure I was going somewhere with this paragraph. Possibly, towards the end of the paragraph. Oh, here it is.

Anyhow, I think we currently have a wonderful selection of ships in-game, and I'm greatly anticipating the older concept ships to get released. As well as the 150 or so more new ships we'll be getting before the game launches. Gotta catch them all!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
The real progress is going from "Flight Ready" to "Gameplay Ready".
Well, that is certainly true. But now that the ships are going through faster it feels like CIG has started to focus more on gameplay for the ships as well. In the span of just 4 patches (though, honestly, stuff will get pushed back again) We got medical gameplay, salvage, refueling, cargo refactor, transport gameplay, bombs and hacking. That's a lot. And sure, the T0 doesn't affect ships that much, but to me, it really seems like the gameplay is coming faster now as well.

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
They have made so much progress. I remember the short ship list way back when I first got into it in 2014. The quality, the content, literally everything is 10x where we started. Progress may not have been apparent then, but it sure as hell is now. Which is good motivation to keep pledging on my part. Good for my hangar, bad for my wallet. Funeral services will be held this Sunday.

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
They have made so much progress. I remember the short ship list way back when I first got into it in 2014. The quality, the content, literally everything is 10x where we started. Progress may not have been apparent then, but it sure as hell is now. Which is good motivation to keep pledging on my part. Good for my hangar, bad for my wallet. Funeral services will be held this Sunday.
Someone please design a wallet flag so we can fly it at half-staff :o7:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Someone please design a wallet flag so we can fly it at half-staff :o7:
Ha. Brilliant.

Ships, a game, a system, full planets and moons . . .
Who remembers when we didn't even have a hangar to go check out their ships? And then a hangar. And then arena commander. And then a system with a space station or two. Then Grim Hex.

Shit. This has been a hell of a journey. Anyone who still bleats about it is simply screaming for the sake of screaming.

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
Ha. Brilliant.

Ships, a game, a system, full planets and moons . . .
Who remembers when we didn't even have a hangar to go check out their ships? And then a hangar. And then arena commander. And then a system with a space station or two. Then Grim Hex.

Shit. This has been a hell of a journey. Anyone who still bleats about it is simply screaming for the sake of screaming.
1000x this ^

Those Two Entire Years of logging in only for the game to crash less than 30 seconds in. People think 30k's are bad now. There was a time when you couldn't even run arena commander! Just thinking about that gives me flashbacks. xD

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
God, the sheer time I wasted running around the Revel & York hangar, looking at my Hornet at about 4 FPS if I was lucky, and the only thing to interact with was a lift up to the mezzanine/balcony bit. There’s a bit more to do now!
For me it was the asteroid hangar. Back when it expanded to accomodate all your ships.

And the original Freelancer model. Man, I used to log in, scour the hangar looking for anything I hadn't seen before, then spend the just chilling in my ship for the hell of it.

Forgot your password?