TEST chain of command:

Who's flying this thing?
The captain.
We have a captain?
Wait, I thought YOU were the captain.
But I'm not flying... Fuck!
*crashes into sun*
For the glory of TEST.

I think Firefly style. One guy owns the ship. He calls the shots. Everyone else does a job. Leave ranks for military. I personally get enough of that shit at work. ;)
I also imagine a TEST capital ship being a lot like a clown car. With drunk clowns. Lots and lots of drunk clowns. Well be lucky to dock ships without crashing. Hehehehe. Oops
This. Completely this. I think the org leadership should be the ones who give permission for large activities in the name of TEST. For example, if I own a tali, I can do whatever I want with it (firefly style), but if I want to launch a large strike against X org or whatever in the name of TEST with TEST backup, I need to get permission from TEST leadership. "Hey Seung, do you mind if I organize a TEST raid on [org name]'s pirate base at [time and location]?" "Yes Stee, of course you can. Fuck those bastards. Give 'em hell." After which, I'll make the leadership approved forum post to recruit for the raid. Maybe ranks in TEST should advanced based on these types of initiatives being taken. After the leadership determines that I, or whoever, is good at organizing and carrying out these missions (of any type, military, exploration, mining etc.) they might decide that I no longer need permission and boom, promoted.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I found it interesting that you went from Sergeant directly to Lieutenant - Commander.
Me too...unless he means Lieutenant through to Commander. I also find it interesting that it's army ranks being used for the NCOs, and navy for the officers. It suitably confusing. So that fits right into the TEST mandate. Good work.

But I digress: Fuck ranks. Lol, we're no military. Fly drunk and crash. Yeehaw. Ha

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This. Completely this. I think the org leadership should be the ones who give permission for large activities in the name of TEST. For example, if I own a tali, I can do whatever I want with it (firefly style), but if I want to launch a large strike against X org or whatever in the name of TEST with TEST backup, I need to get permission from TEST leadership. "Hey Seung, do you mind if I organize a TEST raid on [org name]'s pirate base at [time and location]?" "Yes Stee, of course you can. Fuck those bastards. Give 'em hell." After which, I'll make the leadership approved forum post to recruit for the raid. Maybe ranks in TEST should advanced based on these types of initiatives being taken. After the leadership determines that I, or whoever, is good at organizing and carrying out these missions (of any type, military, exploration, mining etc.) they might decide that I no longer need permission and boom, promoted.
Sounds right and proper...Which means it'll probably get shit canned, because TEST. Haha.
But in all seriousness, yeah, major ops should probably go through the upper echelon of the management. Which I think we have. Management that is. There is someone flying this boat, right? RIGHT?!?

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
I imagine test more like the the national guard. We will be miners, farmers, meth dealers and prostitutes until the time when the call is given.
I may from time to time want to patrol our space in my idris but if I'm so inclined I will hope in one of my mercantile ships and pay for my god damn NPC crew. Rigid structures topple when a strong wind blows, flexible ones weather the storm.
I think people thrive in a known structures (former Marine) but we still have a long time to find the right mix of ranks and responsibilities that fit within our(test) relaxed ethos.
The lack of rigid structure and arbitrary rules is what seems to make us stand out compared to ADI and Imperium ect.

That being said its not bad to start the conversation.

Last edited:

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Aught to actually have a delineation between enlisted and officers. Not everyone wants the burden of command. One officer per ship, unless it's a big one and you need multiple teams working together (Javelin/Idris), then 1 Captain, 2-3 Lts, enlisted under them.

Forgot your password?