This Kool-Aid is delicious:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Capt. Richard, if you don't gift Maynard G. Krebs that spare Hull B, Imma hafta shoot up your new home. Those walls look pretty thin, boyo.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
if you didn't have plans to give them away, I would say buy the Hull pack and get a extra Hull A for free
Why buying a pack when you can buy them seperately and keep flexibility?
I mean, it is not like the pack is any cheaper.

Not sure what idiotic marketing they are running, but this is not the way to sell packs.
There is a reason people buy packs. IT SHOULD BE CHEAPER !!!

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
The Hull-a-palooza pack contains one extra Hull A. I decided I'd rather have long-term flexibility with my Hull fleet than have one extra mini-hauler.

If they had done a discount versus a free ship, I would have considered it.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Damn...now I'm kind of waffling on melting them all and buying the whole Hull-A-Palooza pack to get the extra Hull A. I could CCU the additional Hull A into something else when they become available to get another LTI ship. I don't think I'd trade in the standalone ships in the long term, but if it's going to be a long wait anyway, maybe I should just get the pack?

What do you guys think? Keep the individual ships or trade them in to get the Hull-A-Palooza pack for the free extra Hull A?

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Go for the package. You know you want to keep them all. Get a couple extras for barrel rolls..er give aways.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I say, buy a whole lot of Hull A for the LTI then CCU to whatever your heart desires later.
I mean, we are in no hurry, Right?

And Hull ships are not rare by any means.
They will be left in the store after the sale, just without LTI.

I know, I know, LTI is suppose to be negligent.
But come on, any extra is a good thing right?

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I did a buy and sell rotation when the sale started, I sold off all my small ships that were basic stand alone or the 2yr anniversery.

I got 4 x hull A's now, with enough store credit to buy a Hull E if I wanted to, but I don't think I will, god knows how much the Crucible will cost when it comes down the line. LTI will prob only be a real cost to large ships, but I like knowing that I can't forget about insurance renewal, then lose a ship forever that i paid for.

with the new cargo stats ( i know i know) the Starfarer looks like the best of the bunch, good cargo for hauling, or swapping back to tanks for fuel harvesting/ refueling. Unless I missed it, none of the hulls can do that unless they make some kinda large fuel scoop/storage crates

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
In the end, I let fans of my Twitch stream make the final decision via vote tonight before the sale ended. The first vote at the beginning of the show was completely split down the middle with 25 saying I should keep the individual ships and 25 saying to get the mega pack to get the free Hull A. It was interesting to see a crowd waffle as much as I have on the decision.

The second vote at the end of the stream came out more lopsided with 28-16 in favor of Hull-A-Palooza time. So here it be:

Now I get to wait a year or more before I even get to play with the damn things. LOL

Shutter

Grand Admiral
Mar 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Shutter
But, but, but.....look at all the cool posters and models you get! Oh wait, you get those with the single ships too. Never mind.

Don't sweat it. I drank the Kool-aid too.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
In the end, I let fans of my Twitch stream make the final decision via vote tonight before the sale ended. The first vote at the beginning of the show was completely split down the middle with 25 saying I should keep the individual ships and 25 saying to get the mega pack to get the free Hull A. It was interesting to see a crowd waffle as much as I have on the decision.

The second vote at the end of the stream came out more lopsided with 28-16 in favor of Hull-A-Palooza time. So here it be:

Now I get to wait a year or more before I even get to play with the damn things. LOL
Congrats. :)

Now make 20 clones of yourself so you can man the fleet. heh

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I'll be there as support or trouble. Just kidding on the trouble part. I'm really interested to see how your stream evolves as we get closer to launch.

Forgot your password?